Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

Though I try to avert my gaze when walking past T&S, I looked up today and am really VERY puzzled at what they are doing on the Front Street side. It is even more of a mess of 'stuff' that I had expected and looks to me as though the sections all had designs by different teams. Sigh!

Here is the view from the east:
IMG_0993[1].JPG

Here it is from the west:

IMG_0995[1].JPG

I know that this development is on a totally under-used site, will provide much needed housing and will bring people into the neighbourhood but they REALLY could have done SO much better and still made money.

It's not a looker to say the least. But the sheer bulk is growing on me. Looks intimidatingly urban. Hopefully the extra pedestrian traffic from new residents makes up for the ground level spandrel.

edit: I finally realized what this reminds me of: a very low rent version of Panda condos.

On a side note, these photos often capture glimpses of 184 Front, offices of the Landmark brainwash crowd. Anyone know if they're still around? I would have hoped covid shutting down live events would have did them in.

In fact, many attendees forced to attend by nutty managers or deluded family members often parked in the lot which this building is replacing... LOL

It's not a looker to say the least. But the sheer bulk is growing on me. Looks intimidatingly urban.
I was about to say something similar. There are so many things wrong with this project even the massing, the one big solid podium are awful, but it is starting to feel dense.

It is reminding me of my days in Hong Kong, and residential areas like Mong Kok. Is Mong Kok something you'd want to replicate with modern city planning? Absolutely not, but it's decidedly chaoticly urban, and that invokes a perverted sort of charm, as well as nostalgia for me personally.

I've never disliked this building. This was always going to get hate simply due to it not being a point tower. That was clear from the get go. The squat proportions are a refreshing change from what we usually get and the bulk has been broken up using different facade treatments. Not as successfully as Mirvish Village but they did enough.

Oddly, people seem to gush over similarly proportioned blocks in Paris/London. The proportions aren't the problem, it's whether there's enough visual interest. Modern design lacks ornamentation so you need to accomplish this in other ways. What you don't want is 10-30m of nothing (sheets of glass/homogeneity) like we see in numerous Toronto new builds.

This isn't a huge wall blocking views of the waterfront like those offenders on Queens Quay. It's blocking nothing. This doesn't have high end finishes or wonderful architecture but it's not offensive either. There are 50+ buildings going up that I have more issues with than this.

Last edited:
I've never disliked this building. This was always going to get hate simply due to it not being a point tower. That was clear from the get go. The squat proportions are a refreshing change from what we usually get and the bulk has been broken up using different facade treatments. Not as successfully as Mirvish Village but they did enough.

Oddly, people seem to gush over similarly proportioned blocks in Paris/London. The proportions aren't the problem, it's whether there's enough visual interest. Modern design lacks ornamentation so you need to accomplish this in other ways. What you don't want is 30m of nothing (sheets of glass/homogeneity) like we see in numerous Toronto new builds.

This isn't a huge wall blocking views of the waterfront like those offenders on Queens Quay. It's blocking nothing. This doesn't have high end finishes or wonderful architecture but it's not offensive either. There are 50+ buildings going up that I have more issues with than this.
In what world do Paris and London contain 29 storey buildings on 140x90m blocks???? Please book a flight to Europe asap.

These statements are as absurd as this building's planning rationale (or lack thereof). Architecturally, this building is a mess to say the least and the finishings are bottom of the barrel.

I can't imagine how it performs in terms of livability (elevators, fire risk and alarm rates, contaminated soil seepage into the parking garage...)

In what world do Paris and London contain 29 storey buildings on 140x90m blocks???? Please book a flight to Europe asap.

These statements are as absurd as this building's planning rationale (or lack thereof). Architecturally, this building is a mess to say the least and the finishings are bottom of the barrel.

I can't imagine how it performs in terms of livability (elevators, fire risk and alarm rates, contaminated soil seepage into the parking garage...)
this is actually 4 separate buildings connected to each other. elevators will not be any more of an issue than any other condo towers built in the period. I'm interested in fire alarms frequencies though, and also whether the entire building cluster would go off in the same time.

Breaking fake news:

The sequel to She-Hulk: Attorney At Law starring Canadian Tatiana Maslany, will feature Time and Space as the She-Hulk’s condo lair.
SPOILER: after filing a number of lawsuits pertaining to the condo’s build quality, the Attorney At Law systematically destroys the entire block (no lives are lost).

Back