DSC08716.JPG

DSC08717.JPG

DSC08718.JPG

DSC08719.JPG

DSC08720.JPG

DSC08729.JPG

DSC08731.JPG

DSC08732.JPG

I know most of you would vote for Social, but imo this is Pemberbum's signature project (not the one in Yorkville with their name on it). Bit suprised they haven't spammed social media with pics of this on Instagram.

Would love to count the Likes 👍.

97919c14c9249e34e6aca14ba664c32a.png

Link

I know most of you would vote for Social, but imo this is Pemberbum's signature project (not the one in Yorkville with their name on it). Bit suprised they haven't spammed social media with pics of this on Instagram.

Would love to count the Likes 👍.

97919c14c9249e34e6aca14ba664c32a.png

Link
You're ridiculous 😅

i think if they will make july 2023 occupancy. they will have to get the structure and glazing up before winter, so the crews can do the inside work when it is colder.

Given your forum handle @Electrixsun ... I couldn't ignore the irony of this photo. ;)

This is one project that has certainly not earned the right to block the ☀️.
I was actually shocked to see the sun still light up the north side of Front above the 17th floor podium. I didn't think any sun would hit the street after that height was reached. No question it's a massive project. But, in my opinion, as the window panels go on, it looks less monolithic and oppressive. I hope ground level retail/restaurants also give it a more inviting feel as well once leased. I understand many will not share this opinion. Hence, just my opinion.

This thing is an absolute dumpster fire. it's such a mess of an exorbitantly out-of-scale building mass clad in basically every grey colour available in cheap window wall and spandrel paneling.
Why anyone, beyond the developers, thought this was a fine idea is beyond me. the shear mass of the wall as you approach the building from the east, all the way from corktown common, is unforgivable.
I appreciate the comments about added density and improved streetwall/urban realm, but this has nothing to do with the architecture which could have been answered in literally thousands of other ways instead.

end of rant

I was actually shocked to see the sun still light up the north side of Front above the 17th floor podium

Note this is because the sun is higher in the sky in the mid-day of summer than at other times of year (closer to directly overhead)

So the sun will either not clear that podium or won't clear for not for as long in shoulder season and winter.

Going back to the 2020 report from Planning:

1659978931186.png

I hope ground level retail/restaurants also give it a more inviting feel as well once leased..

There is only a single retail unit facing Front Street, it's just over 11,000ft2; last I saw it was not being marketed as demisable.

1659978978920.png

Note this is because the sun is higher in the sky in the mid-day of summer than at other times of year (closer to directly overhead)

So the sun will either not clear that podium or won't clear for not for as long in shoulder season and winter.

Going back to the 2020 report from Planning:

View attachment 418696

There is only a single retail unit facing Front Street, it's just over 11,000ft2; last I saw it was not being marketed as demisable.

View attachment 418697
The retail on Front appears to have three entrances so could, I assume, be 3 stores. A pot shop, a nail salon and a dentist?

Back