Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

@ egotrippin

I had the very same thought (re: Mirvish massing/materials) and I have a solution:

It's too late to fix this Borg beast, but let's do a financing partnership with Westbank (working with Henriquez Partners when possible) to buy every single active and proposed Pemberton downtown development.

It might not be too late to save 'Social' (simple cladding/balcony glass fix), 'The Pemberton" becomes 'The Westbank' (don't need Henriquez's help here... just use the pre-VE'd design from aA) ... and, most importantly, kick Pemberbum the hell out the partnership with First Capital to ensure the Allies and Morrison 2150 Lake Shore vision gets built as designed.

So who on the forum has the tallest stacks 💵 squirrelled away? I'm betting it's Ed S.

The frustrating thing here is that this building could've been far less overbearing with an proper attempt at breaking up the volumes, for example what's been done at Mirvish Village. Instead we having a hulking, clunky monstrosity that looms over the entire neighbourhood. Couple that with a grab bag of the cheapest possible cladding materials and you have what might be the worst building to go up in this cycle.
Yes, it REALLY could have been SO much better with not really much effort or loss of profit. I know that they had permission, from a 1990s Ontario Municipal Board decision, I think, to build right to the lot line so the City had less 'ammunition' but Pemberton really has given the St Lawrence neighbourhood something which will blight it for many decades. As others have noted, the south section is 'not TOO bad' but the stuff at Front Street is already looming and ugly - it can only get worse as it gets another ca 10 floors higher. Of course, the execution and cheap cladding are hardly helping it. The vomit emoticon is REALLY much needed for this - though it might be over-used!

Last edited:
@ egotrippin

I had the very same thought (re: Mirvish massing/materials) and I have a solution:

It's too late to fix this Borg beast, but let's do a financing partnership with Westbank (working with Henriquez Partners when possible) to buy every single active and proposed Pemberton downtown development.

It might not be too late to save 'Social' (simple cladding/balcony glass fix), 'The Pemberton" becomes 'The Westbank' (don't need Henriquez's help here... just use the pre-VE'd design from aA) ... and, most importantly, kick Pemberbum the hell out the partnership with First Capital to ensure the Allies and Morrison 2150 Lakeshore vision gets built as designed.

So who on the forum has the tallest stacks 💵 squirrelled away? I'm betting it's Ed S.

Haha! Unfortunately I don't have that kind of cash but I wholly support running Pemberton out of town.

July 2

20220702_165129.jpg

20220702_165301.jpg

20220702_165303.jpg

Is Laird & Eglinton getting another Time & Space?

Is Laird & Eglinton getting another Time & Space?

^The massing, materials & architects (and render promises) say NO.... the developer = "oh NO!"

Reactions: DSC
You can see it in my last picture... the towers are just starting to go up above the podium in the last week or two.

But it's true that for the north-south wall, the tower extends for basically half of the entire block.

Back