Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

Some balcony glass.

F16AC4FF-B803-4249-8CFF-4DA24DBF17F2.jpeg
5D53F838-1125-4BCA-8244-7CC0CB1C1020.jpeg

Man I would love to get my hands on the M+E drawings for this monstrosity. Based on how the fire alarm system is zoned it could be a nightmare for residents. 1500 units, that's a lot of false (or real) alarms! At least the fire department is right next door, they can probably just walk over when an alarm goes off.

I don't know how this place doesn't turn into the least desirable condo in the area. Why would anyone want to live in a building this large? The residential corridors will be endless. I hope they were liberal with the elevator designs.

Man I would love to get my hands on the M+E drawings for this monstrosity. Based on how the fire alarm system is zoned it could be a nightmare for residents. 1500 units, that's a lot of false (or real) alarms! At least the fire department is right next door, they can probably just walk over when an alarm goes off.

I don't know how this place doesn't turn into the least desirable condo in the area. Why would anyone want to live in a building this large? The residential corridors will be endless. I hope they were liberal with the elevator designs.
This is effectively three different buildings from my understanding - southeast, southwest, and north. Should cut down on that kind of thing.

When
This is effectively three different buildings from my understanding - southeast, southwest, and north. Should cut down on that kind of thing.
When I looked at some of the very simple plans online, it looked like the corridors in the midrise portions were all interconnected. IE. you could walk from a unit in the SW corner all the way around the bend to a unit in the SE corner. If that is true, I don't understand how it isn't one fire alarm system.

And mechanically speaking most large complexes being built in Toronto now only have 1 fire pump package. As long as all the buildings share the same parking garage, by code it can be considered one building even if there are separate towers with separate lobbies and elevators. If there is one fire pump, I believe it has to be one fire alarm system.

Though this is a more recent change to Toronto condo design, and this is an older project, so I hope for the occupants' sake that the building has multiple fire pumps for each tower.

When

When I looked at some of the very simple plans online, it looked like the corridors in the midrise portions were all interconnected. IE. you could walk from a unit in the SW corner all the way around the bend to a unit in the SE corner. If that is true, I don't understand how it isn't one fire alarm system.

And mechanically speaking most large complexes being built in Toronto now only have 1 fire pump package. As long as all the buildings share the same parking garage, by code it can be considered one building even if there are separate towers with separate lobbies and elevators. If there is one fire pump, I believe it has to be one fire alarm system.

Though this is a more recent change to Toronto condo design, and this is an older project, so I hope for the occupants' sake that the building has multiple fire pumps for each tower.
I had assumed there would be several condo corporations (3?) and if so it would be very messy to allow everyone to wander everywhere!~ But then it IS T&S.

The fact that we are allowing a massive conjoined residential building like this to take up an entire quadrant of a neighborhood goes to show how screwed up planning is in this city and province. Frankly, this is a waste of prime real estate for what we are getting.

Back