Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

There is nothing positive about this project. Zero.

It will only contribute to the skyline in a negative way, AND for pedestrians for the next 50 years (if it stays up that long). I've changed my walking route to now avoid walking by this disaster. It's overbearing and cheaply made (to an embarrassing level). It's really downgraded what could have been an opportunity for this internationally recognized housing area.

And this might come across as controversial (or insensitive), but I don't agree with the "but it's creating housing" argument (justified likely by investors looking to make a quick buck). In the long-term, this cheaply developed building will not be worth the headaches for owners or residents down the road. The cons greatly outweigh the pros for this development.

If you want a good example of "creating housing", simply look East to what's currently going up in Canary.

Does anyone know if there will be EV Charging stations on any of the parking levels? I haven't been able to get an answer from the developer. I feel like it should be standard in new developments. But, I'm not sure.

It's no grosser than the rest of the 1980s buildings on Front or Esplanade. It's just bigger.
What's gross about the 1980's buildings along Front or Esplanade? At least they're sized appropriately for the neighbourhood and clad in bricks instead of the cheap back painted glass used here.

They are bland and monotonous. Many have stairs up to any entrances, so no street presence. Front has a number of dark, dank collonades. The two on Princess across from T&S are just weird. One has a courtyard even darker and more closed in than T&S (though it actually happens to be the toddler's favourite playground for some reason.

They are all "appropriately sized" because they were planned and built at the same time. Once St. Lawrence Condos, the Whitfield, the new towers at No Frills etc. are built, this will also be the appropriate height for the neighbourhood (it's true, I've complained about the giant podium of this one before, which is much bigger than anything nearby).

First signs of glazing.

FF1AF12C-BD48-4FC9-958B-62E4404515B4.jpeg

Back