Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

It will be the best drugstore/bank combo in the entire city!

Though if they do manage to get a daycare into the SE corner as planned, that would be really good for the neighbourhood.

Don't forget the cannabis store(s), or Popeyes. Popeyes is like the new Subway it seems to me. But more retail in this strip will be good for the neighbourhood.

There is already Popeyes a block to the east, which I happen to frequent quite often. The shrimp is so good.

There are cannabis stores a block to the east (and north) as well, but I wouldn't be surprised to see another one pop up here.

I simply asked you to explain why you thought "north retail space is going to be amazing." You may well have 25+ years of retail leasing experience and may well have great insights but it would add to everyone's understanding if you could explain WHY the space is going to be amazing.
Yeah, compelling evidence doesn't come from asserted credentials in desperate defense or personal attacks, but rather an informed reply that takes the time to explain the reasoning behind it.

Yeah, compelling evidence doesn't come from asserted credentials in desperate defense or personal attacks, but rather an informed reply that takes the time to explain the reasoning behind it.
Though @PEC may be otherwise engaged on his/her day job - apparently retail leasing - I find it interesting that no response has been made to my request that the statement that the retail space at T&S is 'amazing' needs some expansion and rationale. Amazing architecturally, amazing location, amazing retailers signed up or amazing commissions to leasing agents?

Though @PEC may be otherwise engaged on his/her day job - apparently retail leasing - I find it interesting that no response has been made to my request that the statement that the retail space at T&S is 'amazing' needs some expansion and rationale. Amazing architecturally, amazing location, amazing retailers signed up or amazing commissions to leasing agents?
Because this person won't answer that, can't answer that or couldn't be bothered. I'm not going to speculate beyond this, other than to say you may have to concede there may never get an answer, or least one made in good faith. And move on...

From what I've observed, anyone who thinks this building is a positive addition, is a buyer/investor who can't back up why.

From what I've observed, anyone who thinks this building is a positive addition, is a buyer/investor who can't back up why.
Two thoughts I've seen in defense of this, for good or bad: 1) That it will "house 1600 new families" and more recently, 2) it may have potential retail benefits. Now academically, they may have a point...but what isn't really being said which is as important what is being said, is that there little praise and enthusiasm for the aesthetics of the thing. Or it's massing. Nor is it really mentioned that these 1600 units are still at a premium. Thus, this isn't really public housing...and in building that appears to hit all the letters on a bingo card of what not to do in designing public housing...

...so the overall value of this project is not very tangible and debatable at best. And not what I define as overly positive, IMO.

Here! ;)

PI_Asset_1244688.jpg

Not only do I feel the retail stores in this building will be amazing, I also love the condos units, the amenities, the driveways, heck even the above grade multi level parking lot I find very cool.

Don’t know why, can’t explain it, something about this building I just love.

I hope you are right, because all those people have already made hundreds of thousands on their investment and I’m very happy for all of them.

Back