Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

loving how this is turning out.
You have said this, in a variety of phrases, for months, are Pemberton paying you by the post? Though I think it could have been a FAR better building and still provided good homes and profit, it is your right to think it's perfect the way it is but if you like the building you really need to give us reasons. (Amazing spandrel, fantastic airy POPS, enhances the neighbourhood?)

This development is absolutely atrocious and horrific. The mish-mash of cladding types, the massing, the form. Everything here is just downright brutal, and it's a waste of a city block.

For reference, this thing is nearly 3/4th the size of the entire Well development on Front St W. Look at what we're getting there, compared to this hideous mess. We're getting no critical mass of retailers here, no office space, no services, lack of a good design. The list just goes on and on, this is a horrid development and if Pemberton doesnt know it, shame on them. Unfortunately people will buy this up no matter what, because this is Toronto where any development no matter how bad it is will sell. If this thing was made from sticks and straws it would still probably sell out.

You have said this, in a variety of phrases, for months, are Pemberton paying you by the post? Though I think it could have been a FAR better building and still provided good homes and profit, it is your right to think it's perfect the way it is but if you like the building you really need to give us reasons. (Amazing spandrel, fantastic airy POPS, enhances the neighbourhood?)
To be fair, I just think he or she is real big fan of this project for whatever reason and for good or bad. And I don't think there is anything wrong with that personally. Nor am I really aware any developer around here that uses an #influencer program...

...that said, their glowing opinions of this project will unlikely to be well received, lol.

Last edited:
This development is absolutely atrocious and horrific. The mish-mash of cladding types, the massing, the form. Everything here is just downright brutal, and it's a waste of a city block.

For reference, this thing is nearly 3/4th the size of the entire Well development on Front St W. Look at what we're getting there, compared to this hideous mess. We're getting no critical mass of retailers here, no office space, no services, lack of a good design. The list just goes on and on, this is a horrid development and if Pemberton doesnt know it, shame on them. Unfortunately people will buy this up no matter what, because this is Toronto where any development no matter how bad it is will sell. If this thing was made from sticks and straws it would still probably sell out.

In other words, this project is a waste of time and space.

Agreed. Though I do think it's odd how cmac has consistently heaped praise on one of the worst developments in the city, with no backing or explanation as to why they're so in love with this project
The only positive explanation of this I've seen so far from anyone is that of densification as it will house a significant number of families. I'm not sure that will be enough to win any beauty contests though.

Agreed. Though I do think it's odd how cmac has consistently heaped praise on one of the worst developments in the city, with no backing or explanation as to why they're so in love with this project
They are bias buyers trying desperately to protect and defend their investment.

and I'm sure you've have told us how you don't like like it for months.

It's simple. It's a big building in the DT core that's not a blue/green glass rectangle. Purely aesthetics. I don't know anything about materials, and quality, so the only thing I judge these projects on is how they look. That answer okay with you?

Last edited:
To be fair, I just think he or she is real big fan of this project for whatever reason and for good or bad. And I don't think there is anything wrong with that personally. Nor am I really aware any developer around here that uses an #influencer program...

...that said, their glowing opinions of this project will unlikely to be well received, lol.
He.

I think some members need to get off their high horse and allow others to have an opinion. Or maybe perhaps find a hobby. Not targeted at anyone in particular, just saying.

They are bias buyers trying desperately to protect and defend their investment.
Knowing how this project, and many others of its eras were priced. You should know that all buildings in this area that sold during that period opened at around $650/SF. With the current market price approaching $1200/SF, all the buyers have not only almost doubled the value of their properties, but have mostly made a profit of than 5x their investment in deposits.

Even the later phase buyers who paid a lot more have seen their property value increase 50%.

If I were a buyer, I’d be pretty happy and the only desperation I’d have would be in trying to hold back my apparent satisfaction.

Last edited:

Back