Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess.
In fairness, I believe as it's always been indicated, that this is about quality versus quantity. And most of the criticisms on the UT Building Forums come from that angle and narrative I believe...including that of myself. So it's been my observation when quality is compromised it usually comes at the expense of aesthetics and design. And sure they can fake to they make it, but I've rarely seen that put into action.

...but to be clear, when talking about subjectivity of the design and how it all looks in the end, that's a different matter. And shouldn't be conflated with the quality aspects. That said, if you like what you see though...no one can tell you differently. So whatever floats your boat. 😸

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess.
No, facts are facts.

It is a fact that this building uses cheap material, poorly planned massing and clearly didn't want to contribute to the fabric of the community – either by creating an interesting street presence, or through eye-catching architecture.

They truly did the bare minimum. Which was simply additional housing.

No, facts are facts.

It is a fact that this building uses cheap material, poorly planned massing and clearly didn't want to contribute to the fabric of the community – either by creating an interesting street presence, or through eye-catching architecture.

They truly did the bare minimum. Which was simply additional housing.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Architecture aside, Is it just me, or are the slabs in this building thinner than normal? 🤔

Also, this transfer slab placement and the columns it transfers the weight to look so wrong. How is the upper transfer slab resting on what appear to be typical columns/walls? Why do the more substantial columns supporting the lower transfer slab not reach that upper transfer slab? Any structural engineers care to chime in?

How much is Pemberton paying you to say this?

Asking for a friend of course... (I certainly am not in need of any extra cash on the side)
You have reminded me to ask for compensation for passionately defending this building with my true feelings.

This forum is full of ideas. If I’m successful, I might start writing poems.

830F0AE4-0D0F-4A91-8B79-0694817D1D30.jpeg

Back