Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

I guess they're preparing to pour some floor on the corner closest to my apartment, so there's lots of activity. The toddler looked out the window and declared "so many construction people today".

The concrete pump is there too. It may be the best day of his life so far.

CAAA507D-2F97-4DC2-A567-43848ACE7748.jpeg

Last edited:
Evandyk,
not sure if I feel more sorry for you loosing the lake view or having to look at this overbuilt conundrum although I do envy you being in same building (?) as neo coffee bar.

Another parking ramp level being formed. Ugh. This site fills me with rage every time. I don’t mind losing my view to peoples’ homes, but it’s offensive to lose it to car storage.

View attachment 328663
You view will be blocked by the suites wrapping the garage hidden in the podium anyway, so don't stress about it?

Yeah none of the above ground parking here will be exposed. It's all wrapped with units save for a smallish portion facing the courtyard, but even then I believe it'll be covered with cladding and not visible from the street.

You view will be blocked by the suites wrapping the garage hidden in the podium anyway, so don't stress about it?

Yes, that's true but if there had been less parking (or if the developer had been prepared to pay more to dig deeper) the whole of this monstrosity could have been smaller and thus less of a hulk over our neighbourhood. I live at George St and even 2 blocks away we are seeing less sunlight!

Yes, that's true but if there had been less parking (or if the developer had been prepared to pay more to dig deeper) the whole of this monstrosity could have been smaller and thus less of a hulk over our neighbourhood. I live at George St and even 2 blocks away we are seeing less sunlight!

This is it. The footprint of that north podium is absolutely massive, because they had to wrap the useful part around a parking garage.

I don't believe the bulk of the building would have been appreciably smaller had they gone another storey below ground for more parking down there: they would just filled the podium with bowling alley suites, justified it at the LPAT through angular planes and massing comparisons with other buildings in the 'hood.

Back