Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

Little enough that he thinks living over one of Toronto's biggest construction sites is super cool, rather than incredibly annoying.

not sure if it's still airing but when I was young there was a show on TV called Mighty Machines which (aside from having a killer opening theme song) definitely instilled an interest in construction / machinery in young me. Quality is kind of bad and the content might be a bit dated now but if your young one is into watching construction machines, it's worth throwing on!

I'm sure I will. Just curious as to why the floors below look shorter.
In the buildings depends on the design, mechanical engineers consider some of the floors for the mechanical runs and connections (Storm, sanitary, etc).
So they raise the ceiling height for those transfer floors and then be covered by drop ceilings, like the 10th floor here!

not sure if it's still airing but when I was young there was a show on TV called Mighty Machines which (aside from having a killer opening theme song) definitely instilled an interest in construction / machinery in young me. Quality is kind of bad and the content might be a bit dated now but if your young one is into watching construction machines, it's worth throwing on!

We only let him watch videos when we need to bribe him, but he definitely loves construction machine videos.

I always thought that heavy machinery playground in Vegas was a great idea, even grown ups like to play with diggers.
The problem is the noise. If I didn't have to work from home for the last 15 months I probably wouldn't even care.

In the buildings depends on the design, mechanical engineers consider some of the floors for the mechanical runs and connections (Storm, sanitary, etc).
So they raise the ceiling height for those transfer floors and then be covered by drop ceilings, like the 10th floor here!
Thanks! Fingers crossed they don't drop it too much haha.

Foggy and hazy day…

1650A64C-BAD3-4734-8EC3-C3F03ECA37CF.jpeg

Not surprised at all, but still mortified. As we'll be getting a whole block of this. /bleh

It's not really a "write off". There will be thousands of people living there, contributing to the neighbourhood. It might not look great, but it's way better than what was there before. It's not like the rest of the buildings on the Esplanade around there look good or contribute to a vibrant sidewalk, so this building is not alone.

Back