Toronto Theatre Park | 156.96m | 47s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

The cladding on the mechanicals would look better if it were on another side of the colour spectrum. The greenish-blue is too close to the blue window siding.

It would have been nice to see the gold glass we are seeing on the Yorkville Condo up here, or a pink or red hue would be a bold choice (isn't the top of King Charlotte going to be red?).

They should have used the same colour of glass even if they eliminated the ribbons on supports, which may have proven impractical.

+100! As it stands now the box stands out in the worst possible way. I expected more from Lamb but guess not! As it stands now, it looks like leftovers from the Pier 27 bridge.

The cladding on the mechanicals would look better if it were on another side of the colour spectrum. The greenish-blue is too close to the blue window siding.

It would have been nice to see the gold glass we are seeing on the Yorkville Condo up here, or a pink or red hue would be a bold choice (isn't the top of King Charlotte going to be red?).

Oh gawd no. If they are going and select a cladding that will end up costing more, they might as well go with something that doesn't clash - i.e. the cladding used for the rest of the tower.

AoD

Last edited:
Oh gawd no. If they are going and select a cladding that will end up costing more, they might as well go with something that doesn't clash - i.e. the cladding used for the rest of the tower.

AoD

Sorry, I should have prefaced my statement. I completely agree with you! The same cladding would have been best.

That is a real shame that the glass isn't the same, including the colour as the rest of the tower. Why they would do that is hard to understand, it just seems obvious that it should be the same.

An odd and surprising stumble at this tower approaches the finish line. Can't say I'm not disappointed. Definitely expected better from aA/Lamb.

what a serious cheap out. not only did they go with the standard green glass on the mechanical, but the steel supports and the ribbons are gone from the top of the roof element. yikes!

I can understand the "cheapening" but why different color glass? Hell, different colored glass isn't the big deal. It's that it's so close to what's there on the rest of the tower that it looks like a mistake. If it was a contrasting color I could maybe understand it.

And I got in trouble when I said removing the fountain was "cheapening". Guess I was on to something.

the renderings show a very subtle colour variation for the mechanical penthouse, though it appears more warm grey than the green glass that was actually used.
At least the entire mechanical PH is in glass and there's no metal louvres to be seen. It would've been a shame to see the top marred by utilitarian-looking mechanical louvres and grilles which you see in many mechanical PH's.

No one mentioned that the white ribbons are now tight around the mechanical PH rather than floating above the penthouse terrace like a sculptural canopy. The ribbons pulled back at the top makes it look even more disjointed in addition to the green glass.

I'm wondering if the mechanical PH will be illuminated at night given that it is all glass and doesn't have the same reflective qualities as the rest of the tower.

See the positive, it's that when its dark you can't really tell the glass is green ;)

Back