Toronto Theatre Park | 156.96m | 47s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

From When I was down town Saturday..
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
So are the straps not going to stick out from it (on the roof/coming out towards the south) like in the render?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 974
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 1,032
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 1,024
Why do so many buildings screw up their mechanical floors? And why can't they just continue the same design and camouflage the mechanical floors?

My main issue with this is this is so far off from what the renderings depicted, which otherwise have been fairly accurate ... I wonder why ...

Green glass is overdone in this town, but it's not going to ruin this tower.

It's a pretty safe bet that they would have had a hard time replicating the extending bands as per what was rendered for the top, while making them both robust enough but making them look as slender and elegant as those clipped to the cladding.

Oh, and it would have been more expensive. (D'oh!)

Last edited:
I'm curious who would make the decision on the colour of glass here. The architect or the developer? The best two Clewes projects in the city, this and Waterlink, are being seriously undermined (in my subjective opinion) by the choice of seafoam glass. While that may have been an economic choice for Waterlink because it involves a lot of glass, this is such a small amount that it must have been an aesthetic choice. Does Clewes have a thing for seafoam that we don't know about?

The changed mechanical ruins this building for me. I don't understand the different color glass. Maybe it will all come together at the end.

An unmitigated aesthetic disaster without rhyme or reason when you consider the high quality cladding on the rest of the building. The differences from original render for the mechanical would have been forgiven if only the cladding had been consistent throughout.

Missed it by that much.

Back