Toronto Theatre Park | 156.96m | 47s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

Indeed! Just goes to show that excessive flourish is not necessary in order to make a bold statement.

Indeed! Just goes to show that excessive flourish is not necessary in order to make a bold statement.

Agreed. Especially when the mirvish towers are eventually built, they'll completely block out one side of the building. Not to mention, they'll dwarf it in size, and passerbyers eyes will naturally be drawn to the taller towers and away from this gem. Considering how small this towers footprint is though, not sure how much taller it could have been (50m extra would even perfect for me)

I'm no height queen but this building should have been twice as tall.

I agree it would have been more prominent and such a slim tall building. it is beautiful but with more height it would have been more beautiful.

Yesterday:

IQtj64x.jpg

ntF6QHW.jpg

Now that Adam Vaughan is out, what can we expect from a new councillor for this ward with respect to building heights? Do councillors have an influential impact to what goes on?

Now that Adam Vaughan is out, what can we expect from a new councillor for this ward with respect to building heights? Do councillors have an influential impact to what goes on?

If you recall the interview with Brad Lamb that was posted on UT a while back, Lamb was actually quite complimentary of Vaughan's efforts in shepherding this project through the approvals process. The view that Vaughan hated all tall building proposals is erroneous. His interests reflected the impact on a community, not a simplistic focus on just the height of one building.

…and yes, the ward councillors can be influential on the design of projects when they choose to be.

Vaughan is going to be a hard act to follow. Nobody, NOOOOOOBODY runs a public consultation like he did. He's masterful at tackling questions during the meetings, and keeping the meetings on track. None of the other councillors have such a total grasp of the issues regarding buildings either. A number of them are learning though…

Back