Toronto The Yorkville Condominiums | 104.54m | 31s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

I like the view of this pair of towers on Davenport Road.

22753594602_31953a8e2e_h.jpg

22753593672_ec31ba5d4c_h.jpg

22146026573_61e38f18fe_h.jpg

22753591172_655ed3caff_h.jpg

This is really nicely done. It takes a basic box design and gives it variety both in shape and colour, all without looking ad hoc or messy. The balconies (w. finished undersides) lead your eye up to the 'extrusion,' only to find differently coloured glass; the fins make it look solid; super balanced. I think it's pretty great.

Like I said before, this is the best Condo building put up in the Boom era. I was expecting Bisha Hotel to at least match or top this one but was really wrong.
Bisha has been a disappointing project so far, but hope to see the end results otherwise.

When you look at the details particularly from the inside, quality is really lacking. The exposed concrete columns for example aren't smooth, they are full of large holes. For the high cost per square foot, you aren't getting good quality finishes that are well installed I have to say after seeing a few units inside. I agree that the design is interesting and a bit different from the outside but I wouldn't buy here based on what I have seen.

Like I said before, this is the best Condo building put up in the Boom era. I was expecting Bisha Hotel to at least match or top this one but was really wrong.
Bisha has been a disappointing project so far, but hope to see the end results otherwise.

It's a nice project, but I wouldn't go that far. I wouldn't even put it in my top 10. A lot of great buildings went up during the boom...including the one right next to this one.

I think the entrance to this building is a letdown. So basic.

When you look at the details particularly from the inside, quality is really lacking. The exposed concrete columns for example aren't smooth, they are full of large holes. For the high cost per square foot, you aren't getting good quality finishes that are well installed I have to say after seeing a few units inside. I agree that the design is interesting and a bit different from the outside but I wouldn't buy here based on what I have seen.

Yea, the interiors are meh to me too.

Back