Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

Sure! It's all in the Application Information Centre on the City of Toronto's web site. You can search for 440 Front or any other development you're interested in here: http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentApplications/mapSearchSetup.do?action=init

If you click "Learn More" from the bubble in the map view, a window will open with this page: http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...3504724&isCofASearch=false&isTlabSearch=false
Look for "16 269540 STE 20 SA" (the last Site Plan Approval item in the list). Click to expand "Supporting Documentation", then you should see several items labelled "Architectural Plans" that you can download. I forget which one has the elevations, but they're all pretty interesting.

Shameless plug, if you found that process way more difficult than it should be, I'm working on a passion project that may help make it easier and I'd love some feedback: https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/city-of-torontos-application-information-centre.30190/

This is awesome! Thank you very much. I'll be busy this weekend looking at these drawings :)

The office tower can be seen from the Gardiner:
20190723_101257.jpg

The remaining excavation related equipment from the bottom of the Enwave cistern was removed this morning. Just a distance photo of the mobile crane from our balcony though, missed the actual equipment lifts.

The crawler crane that has been at the top of the cistern is still there, presumably to lift down the actual mechanical components to complete the cistern construction process.

IMG_20190725_115724.jpg

Getting close to the "arcade" portions of the build. Interested to see that come along with that long hallway.

BTW, new numbers in and Toronto now has 120 active cranes. Last count I believe was 102.
Toronto Crane Count Jumps To 120 – More Than 2x Any Other City In North America

July 25, 2019

A few more pics of the new permanent lid for Enwave’s thermal energy storage tank being assembled.

Since I gave up posting from Imgr to Urbantoronto, I cant tell if traffic has slowed, stayed the same or increased.

DSC08752.JPG

DSC08753.JPG

DSC08756.JPG

DSC08770.JPG

DSC08771.JPG

fullsizeoutput_28e3.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_28e4.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_28e5.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_28e6.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_28e7.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_28e8.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_28e9.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_28eb.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_28ec.jpeg

For Saturday, July 27 - Major transfer slab concrete pour coming:

Sent: July 26, 2019 3:16 PM
To: .......
Cc: .....
Subject: The Well - Concrete Pour - Sat July 27

Hi all,

I hope this email finds you well. We wanted to inform you that EllisDon will be pouring a large concrete transfer slab tomorrow, starting at 9 am. Wellington Street may be used temporarily to stage concrete trucks until our lane on Front Street is clear for use. EllisDon will have traffic personnel at the construction gates in front of our site on Front Street at all times. No construction gates on Wellington Street will be used for this pupose, and Wellington will still be open for vehicular traffic.

Please notify your respective community members.

Has anyone else been kicked off the viewing area towards the west of the site (the one overlooking the entire build facing the downtown core in the distance)? The last two times I've gone there for my monthly image, I've either been screamed at by the speakers to stop taking images or paid a visit by a security member. This is weird considering that I used to visit frequently to enjoy the amazing scale of the project without troubles. Do they have a new policy or something? Also, I do believe that this viewing area (what I believe to be a fire escape for the neighbouring building) is not the Well's property, meaning at least I'm not trespassing, right? I'm new at this, so I would really appreciate any help. Thanks!

Has anyone else been kicked off the viewing area towards the west of the site (the one overlooking the entire build facing the downtown core in the distance)? The last two times I've gone there for my monthly image, I've either been screamed at by the speakers to stop taking images or paid a visit by a security member. This is weird considering that I used to visit frequently to enjoy the amazing scale of the project without troubles. Do they have a new policy or something? Also, I do believe that this viewing area (what I believe to be a fire escape for the neighbouring building) is not the Well's property, meaning at least I'm not trespassing, right? I'm new at this, so I would really appreciate any help. Thanks!
IANAL, but you would be trespassing on the neighbouring building's property, not the Well's property. I believe Security Guards from the Well can't tell you off, but one from 479 Wellington can.

I've had security guards at sites tell me not to take photos while standing on the sidewalk multiple times, you can ignore them. You have every right to stand on the sidewalk and take as many damn photos as you please. I believe it gets a bit more complicated when on private property though.

Back