DSC05440.JPG

DSC05442.JPG

DSC05443.JPG

DSC05444.JPG

DSC05445.JPG

DSC05446.JPG

DSC05450.JPG

DSC05451.JPG

An excavator feeding another excavator? Never seen that before. Must be excruciatingly slow. Good thing there's only a small pile left.

An excavator feeding another excavator? Never seen that before. Must be excruciatingly slow. Good thing there's only a small pile left.

I was watching this from my balcony last week for a few minutes and it was so tedious it was actually making me sort of anxious looking at it!

One of this things where you would do a certain amount in 10 minutes and then try and beat that record just to keep it interesting:D

I keep wondering with a site this massive do they occasionally end up with a wall where a wall shouldn't be :). The detail required is amazing.

That's how they do it at most sites that I've watched in the past.

Article and video from Tridel on the Enwave excavation:
As the residential, commercial and retail buildings rise around it, one section of The Well includes the excavation of a deep cistern near the centre of the site. Though still under construction, the top edge of the cistern already sits 150ft below ground level and is designed to go even further. Just past the guardrail, currently 100ft down, there are two excavators breaking rock to be hauled off-site. Despite the depth, the team is just only two-thirds of the way through their work. Once complete, the well will be 260ft deep and be situated only 14m above sea level.

Ooh we can already see where the spandrel goes on the condo towers (as is true Tridel tradition). Thankfully the ends of the buildings seem to be mostly curtain wall, and I hope the balconies can block some of that spandrel.

Back