Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

Just imagine if the Rail Deck Park goes in! Would feel like a slim Central Park (or at least the Midtown end) or Millennium Park in Chicago on a smaller scale, but both having a really sweet sight line to the CN Tower and a very vibrant place to be. I can see it in my dreams haha.

Size wise it's actually much closer to Millennium Park than Central Park. I think Millennium Park was also built on railroad tracks, but I don't think they elevated and kept the tracks like we plan on doing.

Size wise it's actually much closer to Millennium Park than Central Park. I think Millennium Park was also built on railroad tracks, but I don't think they elevated and kept the tracks like we plan on doing.

It is a raised park. Tracks exist under the promenade. The rest is parking

its my first winter in Ottawa and its brutal man. Im from Kelowna, B.C, we have like 2-3 little snowstorms and the snow melts with in a week. the coldest temp that ive seen in Kelowna was -20 and never heard anyone talk about wind chill in Kelowna LOL! and spring starts in March. Vancouver is even better.

I drove to Labrador and woke up to -48C yesterday. Folks around here were mocking the cold weather alert in southern Ontario. I have to admit that after that -48C, today's -26C felt balmy. I didn't even put my gloves on when heading across the street.

P1090574.JPG

Wonder how cold those inner arcades will be in the dead of winter? Hot Cocoa sales will be up!

I know the development team traveled into the UK and other European cities to get some precedents on this semi-exterior arcade design. Don't know if they ever saw -20C temps though. The air will be fresh!

BDP designed it from my understanding - Riocan brought them in from the UK as they also designed extremely similar shopping facilities in cities like Belfast.

Back