Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

yup. The type of tenant in the Well is gunna be more along the lines of one that would normally locate in the entertainment district, not the financial district. Like how Entertainment One is the lead tenant for the Queen Richmond Centre.

Worth noting both that there are a number of tech companies in and around the financial district and that there is loads of new office space in the development pipeline -- there's plenty to go around if even a fraction of the current pipeline actually winds up coming to market.

BDP is handling the retail.

Yep - hence the similarities to Victoria Square

victoria-square-01.jpg

Also, I didn't realize how close to Rogers Centre this project is..
Same here.

The Well might become a great location for the hordes of Jays fans to venture to post-game.

I wouldn't have doubted the success of bars and restaurants here before due to the proximity to the Entertainment District, but combining the pleasant outdoor-mall environment of this project and the supply of Jays fans in close proximity could be a real win. I wouldn't be surprised that it becomes even busier than the Entertainment District.

Dig, little green diggers, DIG!

Patience, ADRM, Patience.

First of all, the remaining structures on the site have to be demolished and removed. Then comes the shoring - a site this size will take some time. Given the size of the site though, once the shoring is done at one end, or the other, excavation can probably start while the shoring continues in other areas. From what I saw before leaving Toronto for a couple of weeks, all the equipment on site was configured for the demolition activities, not excavation - with claws instead of excavation scoops.

Initial shoring has already been done around the parking lot in the south-east corner of the site, where the Toyota on Front building used to be, and the Globe initially planned to build their new building. I do not know if the shoring that is currently in place is to the depth required for the new The Well plans, or whether the existing shoring would need to be redone, or somehow otherwise augmented to get it to the required depth.

Patience, ADRM, Patience.

First of all, the remaining structures on the site have to be demolished and removed. Then comes the shoring - a site this size will take some time. Given the size of the site though, once the shoring is done at one end, or the other, excavation can probably start while the shoring continues in other areas. From what I saw before leaving Toronto for a couple of weeks, all the equipment on site was configured for the demolition activities, not excavation - with claws instead of excavation scoops.

Initial shoring has already been done around the parking lot in the south-east corner of the site, where the Toyota on Front building used to be, and the Globe initially planned to build their new building. I do not know if the shoring that is currently in place is to the depth required for the new The Well plans, or whether the existing shoring would need to be redone, or somehow otherwise augmented to get it to the required depth.

Some of the shoring will be used as you noted, but the caisson walls will be going in where buildings are now and surrounding the property line for the new development - excavation wont start until after that.

Back