Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

One aspect of this development that hasn't attracted much attention in this thread is the landscaping plan. It's by Claude Cormier, and features lots of pavers in interesting mosaic patterns.

Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 9.49.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 9.50.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 9.50.35 PM.png

Given how well the surface treatment in Berczy Park turned out, I expect this will look very good.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 9.49.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 9.49.26 PM.png
    594.9 KB · Views: 590
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 9.50.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 9.50.14 PM.png
    483.1 KB · Views: 634
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 9.50.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 9.50.35 PM.png
    463.1 KB · Views: 614
One aspect of this development that hasn't attracted much attention in this thread is the landscaping plan. It's by Claude Cormier, and features lots of pavers in interesting mosaic patterns.
Given how well the surface treatment in Berczy Park turned out, I expect this will look very good.

Great find - suggestive of an almost Four Seasons forecourt (another CC project) level of intricacy.

AoD

The fact that Claude Cormier are designing the public realm is enough for me to make peace with Tridel being at all involved with this project. I particularly like how the complex meets Wellington.

The office building sort of reminds me of office buildings in London England. Anyway I love it and more needs to be built to this quality. The new LCBO tower needs to take a note from this building.

Will they bury the utility poles?? This looks disgusting.

I don't see utility poles in the renders. But if I had a wish for other works surrounding this site, it would be for a sidewalk on the south side of Front St.

Or, now that I think of it...an elevated park I guess.

And a cinema and a restaurant with a very good view seem to have appeared as well:
View attachment 96776

That would be a restaurant with a savage view. Too bad it will probably be out of the price range of many UT'ers.

View attachment 96899

View attachment 96900

View attachment 96901

This is fantastic attention to detail. I hope this gets built as well as it looks in the renders, giving other developers a page to take from.

88 Queen definitely has some of the same elements, considering that they're also using Cormier.

And it could one day look over a huge rail deck park. Provided the billions of dollars it'll cost can be made to magically appear, of course.

And this is up for zoning approval on January 31: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2016.TE20.7

Section 37 contributions include a green link along Wellington:
A detailed landscape and lighting plan will be submitted and approved through the site plan approval process to realize the objective of creating a 'green link' on Wellington Street West to connect Clarence Square with Victoria Memorial Square. These plans will be subject to the approval of the Chief Planner and Executive Director, City Planning and the General Manger, Transportation Services.

I hope that coming out of its OMB hearing a few days ago, the 400 Front West proposal (immediately east of Clarence Square) will still tie into the design of The Well and that the design teams have remained in communication.

I hope that coming out of its OMB hearing a few days ago, the 400 Front West proposal (immediately east of Clarence Square) will still tie into the design of The Well and that the design teams have remained in communication.

Well - one of the architects involved in The Well is also doing 400FW - so maybe.

Well - one of the architects involved in The Well is also doing 400FW - so maybe.

Who would that be? I am only aware of HPA and aA as design architects, with Claude Cormier and PUBLIC WORK involved, respectively. Is there an architect of record or a firm doing working drawings that is working between them?

Back