Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

It's large but, a couple anchors can quickly cut that down by half.

Very good point; A few big box stores will leave very little left over, not sure we'd all want to see that but if you had, for example, a large grocery store, a winners / ...

From what I've heard - the lower level food retail isn't going to be a big supermarket. More of a St Lawrence Market / European market type set-up.

Actually, I've seen those newer plans now too, but there does seem to be an "anchor store" on the second level that's 2,500 m2/ 27,000 sq ft. Could that be a mid-size grocery store? The Sobeys in CityPlace is 25,000 square feet, the Loblaws at Queen and Portland is 45,000 square feet, while the Maple Leaf Gardens Loblaws is 85,000 square feet.

Very good point; A few big box stores will leave very little left over, not sure we'd all want to see that but if you had, for example, a large grocery store, a winners / ...

I was thinking Winners/Home Sense too. Maybe a large format furniture store. Another large format grocery store seems unnecessary. We'll see in a few years.

There is a winners, and a homesense, within a couple blocks of this site, and a marshals and linen closet within a couple more blocks. I hope they get something better than that here. Mind you they did just open up a new winners two blocks south of the existing one on Yonge so you never know.

A different era (late 80s - early 90s):

s1465_fl0395_it0019.jpg

There is a winners, and a homesense, within a couple blocks of this site, and a marshals and linen closet within a couple more blocks. I hope they get something better than that here. Mind you they did just open up a new winners two blocks south of the existing one on Yonge so you never know.

The winners will have to move when the lease is up.

I do hope it does turn out as a higher end "mall" as has been suggested.

There was a tower approved at the location of that Winners (57 Spadina).

Allied and Diamondcorp owned it and they flipped it to Tricon earlier this year.

Ugh.... Tridel. What a shame. I was excited about this project until now.
I understand this critique as when Urban Toronto hears of a new Tridel project, they get disappointed until it evolves into, if there is, a decent design. In particular, the execution is what makes Urban Toronto dislike Tridel. It would be interesting to see how this project racks up given the amount of companies involved in this project feels high for a project, but I think that is normal for a development of this scale.

TI

Reputation proceeds them. No other developer comes close to the number of high rises built and there's not even one completed tower in their massive portfolio of note architecturally. There is hope with their current developments. Materials and design have been raised.

Back