Toronto FourFifty The Well | 157.4m | 46s | RioCan Living | a—A

I'm picturing the Well as the downtown equivalent to the Bloor Street retail experience. Fast-fashion stores intermixed with higher end offerings with day-to-day services for residents taking up the less coveted and cheaper spots. As someone mentioned above, the demographics in this area can support the majority of the stores. The higher-end draws will be achieved by making the Well a destination to be seen as well as offering a specific experience for spending your money. I recall hearing that Nordstrom wasn't performing as well as they'd anticipated at the Eaton Centre because of they misinterpreted the clientele so I bet RioCan is doing their homework

IMG_0537[1].JPG

IMG_0539[1].JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0537[1].JPG
    IMG_0537[1].JPG
    431.7 KB · Views: 940
  • IMG_0539[1].JPG
    IMG_0539[1].JPG
    390.6 KB · Views: 597
What's the purpose of the deep trench?
In the architectural plans, that's called a "Ventilation Air Trench" and it will run across to the west end of the pit. The only things deeper than it will be the two Enwave tanks. I suppose that with the size of the underground garage, there are extraordinary measures needed to move fresh air into it, distributing it from the lowest level.

Wow! What a big hole love to look at these photos above . It would be awesome if someone had a video running from when they started digging the hole to where it is at this point. Amazing !

Back