Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

Most concrete these days can be comprised of up to 25% sand and 50% aggregate - while the sand is "engineered" in the sense of particle size and quality, "dirt" does make good concrete.
I think that most people consider "dirt" to be the stuff near the surface that's composed mostly of decayed organic material, not the gravel from smashed up stone from below. Under that understanding, no, dirt does not make good concrete. Bring on the sand, the aggregate, and the cement paste.

I think that most people consider "dirt" to be the stuff near the surface that's composed mostly of decayed organic material, not the gravel from smashed up stone from below. Under that understanding, no, dirt does not make good concrete. Bring on the sand, the aggregate, and the cement paste.

thank you i knew all that just simplified it..still thank you very much..

Pics taken June 5, 2018

yTjp3kR.jpg

mn5nG8C.jpg

This is one of the least claustrophobic digs I've seen! Sometimes you forget it's 4 stories down in some place with such a huge space.

So much progress in the south east corner yet it's but a tiny fraction of the whole site. So exciting!

Can we stop bumping threads with these images? A thread in the Renderings section or elsewhere on the board might be more appropriate.

Last edited:
Can we stop bumping threads with these images? A thread in the Renderings section or elsewhere on the board might be more appropriate.

As an aside, have you considered doing the buildings all in white, or a light grey, or colour-coding by status? The textures used are not accurate and give a false impression of the facades of these projects.

If you don't like seeing the images, use the page down button...

Back