Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

The retail podium and offices are what are getting built right now from my understanding, but if sales are successful (which i am almost certain they will be), I believe the residential buildings are scheduled to go up immediately as well. If unit uptake is slow for whatever reason, construction staging may slow as well.

Thank you John, I’m looking forward in 5 years to making a day of touring the Well, Mirvish Village, and Artists Alley.

I have a sense that the engineering firm Stantec maybe one of the anchor tenants in the office tower of the Well.
It would make sense since Stantec currently occupies the office building on the northeast section of the site on Wellington that is in situ with excavation occurring around it.

vwZMWDJ.jpg

vVomoQX.jpg

Apologies to all the super-tall skyscraper fans and smart city enthusiasts out there, but this site is easily the most exciting thing in the city right now.

the spit is still growing, but the material for that comes exclusively from Ports Toronto dredging in the harbour.
Not exclusively, though they are certainly mostly adding "top soil" from dredging they still truck in quite a bit of building construction waste like old concrete. They seldom seem to bring in excavated rock as far as I xan see.

Back