Toronto FourFifty The Well | 157.4m | 46s | RioCan Living | a—A

Today at the Real Estate Strategy & Leasing conference a representative from Allied confirmed that construction would start "at the start" of next year. Word is that the underground parkade will be completed first, and then the company will wait for tenants before they build the office tower.

Will the buildings at the southwest corner of Spadina and Wellington remain low rise and untouched? Or are they saving that for future development?

With the possibility of having a massive new park over the rail lands. Do you think the developer might ask for more condo density to 60 stories or more per building ?

No. They would have quite the fight on their hands to get anything more than a small increase that a Committee of Adjustment hearing just might be able to grant them. The heights are all tied to shadowing of adjacent sites.

Today at the Real Estate Strategy & Leasing conference a representative from Allied confirmed that construction would start "at the start" of next year. Word is that the underground parkade will be completed first, and then the company will wait for tenants before they build the office tower.

Given the size and depth of the underground parking here - it could be 2 years before it hits ground level

Apparently this is about to happen soon and all at once. Looks like they have an anchor tenant for the office tower. It says they will build the residential and office all at once. One big project.

https://www.bisnow.com/toronto/news/mixed-use/riocans-ed-sonshine-on-intensification-its-exactly-the-right-place-to-be-64782?be=craig@retail-insider.com&utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=tue-06-sep-2016-000000-0500_toronto-re?utm_source=CopyShare&utm_medium=Browser

The article states the residential was sold to Tridel and a private equity fund. My guess only the first block on the corner of Spadina & Front will begin construction that contains a retail mall, office tower and, rental apartment tower they retained 50% ownership.

No. They would have quite the fight on their hands to get anything more than a small increase that a Committee of Adjustment hearing just might be able to grant them. The heights are all tied to shadowing of adjacent sites.

The residents on Draper no doubt would be in fierce opposition to any further height, and I would actually agree with them. It's a special little street that should be protected.

Draper Street is its own Historic Conservation District as far as I know, so its streetscape is very much protected.

The article states the residential was sold to Tridel and a private equity fund. My guess only the first block on the corner of Spadina & Front will begin construction that contains a retail mall, office tower and, rental apartment tower they retained 50% ownership.

From what I've heard the whole thing is going to be built at once.

Personally I can't wait - this is my favourite proposal in the city.

IMG_20161018_145431.jpg
IMG_20161018_145515.jpg

David Pontarini presented The Well at the CTBUH conference in Shenzhen. I hadn't seen these renderings before - here are a couple images of the internal spine and the experience of the pedestrian network that runs through the project. Sorry about the blurriness.

Attachments

• IMG_20161018_145431.jpg
    IMG_20161018_145431.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2,298
  • IMG_20161018_145515.jpg
    IMG_20161018_145515.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2,256

Back