The Well | 174m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

brianmac

Member Bio
Reaction score
I drove past The Well yesterday with some brilliant sunshine bouncing off the sea foam. I was looking to see if it fared any better in the sunlight. My first take was shiver and Bazis Emerald Park. Not a good look. Maybe it will be cloudy and grey for the rest of time and it'll look better (on the other hand the LCBO building looks fantastic in the bright sun!!)

DavidCapizzano

Member Bio
Reaction score
My one grievance with CIBC square is that I personally find the silver accents to be a bit spindly and hard to read from a distance, so I'm hoping the accents here have a bit more girth to them, as they say.

AlvinofDiaspar

Member Bio
Reaction score
My one grievance with CIBC square is that I personally find the silver accents to be a bit spindly and hard to read from a distance, so I'm hoping the accents here have a bit more girth to them, as they say.
I am just cringing at the thought of silver tinted accents against that green-gray glass. So much for the design homage to Lloyds.

AoD

Contra

Member Bio
Reaction score
I suspect once some of the trim and crossbracing gets added as the tower rises we'll all like this a bit more.

westtoeast

Member Bio
Reaction score
Seems like a situation similar to the LCBO building on Queens Quay.

For those more informed and knowledgeable than me - does this have to do with the bird friendly guidelines? It doesn't seem that it's a coincidence that there may be a switch from translucent to more mirrored/reflective glass about 10M up or so.

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Seems like a situation similar to the LCBO building on Queens Quay.

For those more informed and knowledgeable than me - does this have to do with the bird friendly guidelines? It doesn't seem that it's a coincidence that there may be a switch from translucent to more mirrored/reflective glass about 10M up or so.
Nope, up to 12 metres (or the height of adjacent tree canopy, if higher) they have to apply markings on the glass, typically frit, no matter the colour.