DSC01033.JPG

DSC01037.JPG

DSC01044.JPG

DSC01046.JPG

DSC01047.JPG

DSC01049.JPG

DSC01050.JPG

DSC01058.JPG

It also appears that the shale excavation at ramp has stopped until they decide the ramp is to be removed. Perhaps the crane installation was the last step before that could continue. I suspect this will start back up and likely take another 3-4 weeks to complete.

It also appears that the shale excavation at ramp has stopped until they decide the ramp is to be removed. Perhaps the crane installation was the last step before that could continue. I suspect this will start back up and likely take another 3-4 weeks to complete.
Presumably there is a trade-off between ease of access for trucks able to drive right into the pit and getting all excavation done and the full footprint getting 'filled in'. There was no real ramp excavation in last few days but they still seem to have quite a few trucks going in and out up the ramp so they may want to keep it functional for a while longer. Clearly its days are numbered but I am not sure it will happen in next week or so of work.

I was looking forward to seeing the Towers have that rounded Edge not Sharp . Why do they keep on changing things for the worst ! now they'll look like the rest of the towers around them .
Almost makes me want to stop watching anything on urban Toronto pages if these are what the end results end up being. Ya they are nice but that’s all. They are just... ok. Agreed completely with the older designs rounded corners and crown details were much better. And added something g different. Now just same old. Why walk through the city if all you see is the same structures buildings patterns. Etc. Your Getting boring Toronto! Nothing to right home to if from afar. Just sad. And giant missed opportunity for something special here. Kinda over this project. Next!

I was looking forward to seeing the Towers have that rounded Edge not Sharp . Why do they keep on changing things for the worst ! now they'll look like the rest of the towers around them .
Almost makes me want to stop watching anything on urban Toronto pages if these are what the end results end up being. Ya they are nice but that’s all. They are just... ok. Agreed completely with the older designs rounded corners and crown details were much better. And added something g different. Now just same old. Why walk through the city if all you see is the same structures buildings patterns. Etc. Your Getting boring Toronto! Nothing to right home to if from afar. Just sad. And giant missed opportunity for something special here. Kinda over this project. Next!

I'm assuming you're referring to HPA's initial massing ideas which were never more than that (massings). If you mistakenly thought the res towers were going to have the 'curved edges' and 'crown details' depicted therein, that's kind of your fault.

Back