Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

A little update from today. Nov. 27, 2018
You can see one of what I am assuming is the slope to one of the underground parking ramps being formed.
20181127_124818_resized.jpg
20181127_124826_resized.jpg
20181127_124835_resized.jpg
20181127_124855_resized_1.jpg
20181127_124911_resized.jpg
20181127_124957_resized.jpg
20181127_125007_resized.jpg
20181127_125313_resized_1.jpg
20181127_125315_resized_1.jpg
20181127_125318_resized_1.jpg

The city could figure out a better way of managing the dump trucks from this site. They queue (15-20) at a time on Bathurst, reducing it to one left lane (shared with streetcars) which means the street isn't moving.

Took 35 mins to get from the Ex to Bathurst today on Lake Shore thanks to this development. Why aren't we fining developers who do this?

The city could figure out a better way of managing the dump trucks from this site. They queue (15-20) at a time on Bathurst, reducing it to one left lane (shared with streetcars) which means the street isn't moving.

Took 35 mins to get from the Ex to Bathurst today on Lake Shore thanks to this development. Why aren't we fining developers who do this?
Fining automobiles for using the road?
In all seriousness, the sheer amount of dump trucks in this project would cause disruption no matter which artery they use. At least, the end is in sight now.

In all seriousness, the sheer amount of dump trucks in this project would cause disruption no matter which artery they use. At least, the end is in sight now.
Fining dump trucks for using Bathurst as a parking lot (until they receive go ahead to enter The Well) during rush hour.

Are they paying big bucks for the honour?

That's absolutely not the case. Having 20 dump trucks arrive at once is poor management. There are countless dispatch software packages out there that could manage the departure and arrival of trucks on site. This is entirely lack of effort. It would also save the construction company money to boot.

Fining dump trucks for using Bathurst as a parking lot (until they receive go ahead to enter The Well) during rush hour.

Are they paying big bucks for the honour?

I thought they lined up on Front street. during the biggest parts they were lined up on Spadina. When I have used Bathurst to get to work most of the dump trucks were waiting for the Loblaws site, the condos at the corner of Front and Bathurst or the new schools in City Place. But could be wrong.
I am sure they are paying a pretty penny to have Front street all messed up though.

Looks to be around 238 ft in depth to the bottom if to scale. (This according to a colleague at work based on the regulated truck height.) . What is the deepest build in Toronto currently?

Back