Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

can anyone help me out and tell me where the parking entrance would be for the rental buildings on wellington street?
it's hard to tell from the architectural diagrams, but i see a reference to a vehicle ramp for the garbage trucks that enter from front street
So im not sure where the residential parking entrace is or if it's shared
1629518355924.png

1629518394080.png
1629518566687.png

But it just looks like every bland glass box in downtown.. imo. I think that part of the well is bulky and lazy, I would have liked to see some colour or something other than glass to create a visual interest for the area.

I will be the first to tell you, it drives me crazy that so many of Toronto's high rises/skyscrapers are blue/green glass rectangles, but this one better then most, and the residential towers that are attached will have more colour so I think that will help offset another "glass rectangle" in the city.

Last edited:
can anyone help me out and tell me where the parking entrance would be for the rental buildings on wellington street?

On Wellington - the ramp is beside the heritage Stantec office building. As part of Building A.

Well.png

Last edited:
All these detailed photos of the construction process and progress are fascinating, especially for an amateur like me. They're so valuable from a historical, archival perspective, too. Am I the only one who, in the white boxy structure in the centre, sees echoes of the "Colosseo Quadrato" (the "Square Colosseum", aka Palazzo della Civiltà Italiana) in Rome's EUR district? I'm sure this progression of stacked arches will be lost when the building is glazed, but it looks pretty cool now.

All these detailed photos of the construction process and progress are fascinating, especially for an amateur like me. They're so valuable from a historical, archival perspective, too. Am I the only one who, in the white boxy structure in the centre, sees echoes of the "Colosseo Quadrato" (the "Square Colosseum", aka Palazzo della Civiltà Italiana) in Rome's EUR district? I'm sure this progression of stacked arches will be lost when the building is glazed, but it looks pretty cool now.
Totally. I'm willing to forgive all flaws and value-engineering for the Well giving us this neoclassical podium. It's so rare to see such a design in Toronto and i really would love to ask the head architect their inspiration / desire to pursue this design direction.

Totally. I'm willing to forgive all flaws and value-engineering for the Well giving us this neoclassical podium. It's so rare to see such a design in Toronto and i really would love to ask the head architect their inspiration / desire to pursue this design direction.
Probably an attempt to fit in with the older buildings in the area.

This portion of the building design was led by BDP. with AAA as executive architect.

Does anyone know who is responsible for managing security in the the indoor/outdoor retail area? Anyone else concerned about security given the large mixed use space that I presume the public will have access to afterhours? Seems like a place that squatters might try to trespass

Back