Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

We should all paws and tip our hats to Cormier's delightful contributions to our public realm.

With more love to come (can't wait to see his 'rats in a maze' installation planned for Nathan Phillips Square).

Not sure if this has been posted before (I couldn't find anything on the map or forum search), but the site offices on the north side of Wellington will apparently be turned into a Cat Promenade.

View attachment 302730
The thread for that site is here. The land will be ceded to the City, and the City has not determined that they will use Cormier's plan. Might not be cats,

We should all paws and tip our hats to Cormier's delightful contributions to our public realm.

With more love to come (can't wait to see his 'rats in a maze' installation planned for Nathan Phillips Square).
He seems like a nice guy too. I had the pleasure of sharing a pint and taking a picture with him in front of his creation (the dogs fountain at Berczy Park) during UT's last (?) get-together for the fountain's grand opening.

It is the park that connects the King Toronto project to The Well project
That’s interesting. I remember when the initial plans were unveiled it was reported that the cat component would actually be along Wellington street and would connect Clarence Squre to Victoria Memorial Square. I wonder what changed. I hope there is still some engaging features added along Wellington.

My neighbour is a construction worker and took these photos on his phone while working at the site! :) I'm not too sure what this means but he tells me that in the bottom picture there are '16,000 hooks and that it's a transfer slab'.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Last edited:
when do we find out who is going to be the retail tenants
also weve been told that we move into the building as early as next spring. We get possession of the unit and start internal construction on our leased floors in September apperently (index exchange)
im guessing that the rental and condo towers will take a bit longer to complete?

There is a member motion going to next week's Council meeting that concerns all the City projects in the area, road reconstruction, streetscape work, a new park, cycling infra. etc.

The motion relates to coordinating all the various projects. I suspect this will delay cycling improvements contemplated for 2022; but that's unclear.

This could fit in so many different threads, but this one seems as apt as any.

Back