fullsizeoutput_366b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_366a.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3672.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3668.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3667.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3666.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3665.jpeg

Last edited:
As the glass continues to go up I have a good feeling about it. Even if it remains this greenish colour, it still looks pretty good now that more of it is up there, and looks very different depending on the angle and reflection.

I have no doubt this project will end up just as amazing as everyone expects it to

Caught In The Act - And Up She Goes

Every once in a while, a tower crane can be seen, most often on weekends, just sitting there, holding up a large concrete block. Stays that way for a number of hours, and then the concrete block gets put back down.

This afternoon, the north crane for the office tower at The Well was doing this. But this time it was different - with the view from our place, the concrete block was positioned in front of the CIBC Square project. Several hours after first seeing it, the block had moved up against its CIBC Square backdrop.

The conclusion - the block acts as a counterweight to the crane's counterweights, to give crane's shaft a more neutral and balanced position within the shaft's base structure while the crane is unattached at its base and is raised (lifted by the hydraulic jacks) to its next level. The rate of rise is so slow that it is not perceptible when watching it, but can only be seen when there is a background against which the change in height in the block can be noticed over a period of time.

20200307_175313.jpg

Last edited:
On the eleventh day, the gods of the forests and Toronto's building boom degreed that "From this day hence, all glass, even those that looked clear in the models shall be green". Do you think they just ordered the wrong glass and said, to hell with it, let's build it anyway?....sigh.

On the eleventh day, the gods of the forests and Toronto's building boom degreed that "From this day hence, all glass, even those that looked clear in the models shall be green". Do you think they just ordered the wrong glass and said, to hell with it, let's build it anyway?....sigh.
I’m holding my breath for the glass above the third floor on the tower.

Back