Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

They all look the same - aqua green to me?

I mean look at this picture against the back drop of the other building (I think Bisha?)

dscn1939-jpg.233369

You know I used to really hate all the green glass but now with everything going grey with a blue tinge I may be open to welcoming back our green glass overlords.
Haha, I used to rage and rave about all the bottle green glass condos all the time. And now that the blueish-grey glass and the 9000 shades of grey spandrel are in style, I kinda don't mind the bottle green glass days after all...

30 spots? So many...
Is this where the cartels are going to be sending their stuff?

I'm working on the Canadian Tire at KingsClub, and we only have 4 bays total, 3 of them shared between all retailers in the project and It's a mess trying to coordinate deliveries. 30 bays seems reasonable for the scale of this project. Ideally, medium and large sized retailers would get 1-2 dedicated bays each. Smaller retailers can share.

I’m referring to this strip that has gone up.

View attachment 233493
As a colorful cladding enthusiast, I just had to investigate the possibility that we'll have a two-tone building here. Alas, I don't think that will be the case. It's hard to get a shot of that strip of cladding without any sky reflections, which make it look much bluer than it is. But from afar it seems like it's more of the same. This is the best shot I could make to reduce the reflections:

IMG_20200228_124322.jpg

As a colorful cladding enthusiast, I just had to investigate the possibility that we'll have a two-tone building here. Alas, I don't think that will be the case. It's hard to get a shot of that strip of cladding without any sky reflections, which make it look much bluer than it is. But from afar it seems like it's more of the same. This is the best shot I could make to reduce the reflections:
Thanks for investigating! It’s funny though, your pic now makes the lower portion look silvery, while the upper looks green ?

i think both the claddings have same shade of green but the cladding on the podium is less shiny and the cladding on tower is more shiny.

Thanks for investigating! It’s funny though, your pic now makes the lower portion look silvery, while the upper looks green ?
That's the thing, the cladding here is fairly interesting in the way it plays with the light. It's a fairly saturated shade of dark green when viewed straight on, but has a mirror sheen when viewed at an angle. In this case it's reflecting grey skies, hence looking silvery. The cladding here will make this office tower look fairly unique among the rest of the skyline, so it gets thumbs up from me.

I love how through the staging of this project we get to see lower level construction that normally would've been hidden from view. Fascinating to watch.

Back