Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

Feb 23, 2020

0wk4DNW.jpg

I suspect once some of the trim and crossbracing gets added as the tower rises we'll all like this a bit more.

Seems like a situation similar to the LCBO building on Queens Quay.

For those more informed and knowledgeable than me - does this have to do with the bird friendly guidelines? It doesn't seem that it's a coincidence that there may be a switch from translucent to more mirrored/reflective glass about 10M up or so.

Seems like a situation similar to the LCBO building on Queens Quay.

For those more informed and knowledgeable than me - does this have to do with the bird friendly guidelines? It doesn't seem that it's a coincidence that there may be a switch from translucent to more mirrored/reflective glass about 10M up or so.
Nope, up to 12 metres (or the height of adjacent tree canopy, if higher) they have to apply markings on the glass, typically frit, no matter the colour.

Nope, up to 12 metres (or the height of adjacent tree canopy, if higher) they have to apply markings on the glass, typically frit, no matter the colour.
The only exception is if they've sprung for Ornilux, which has a pattern that's only visible to birds. Weirdly, the SPA plans show a frit pattern on level 5, but not 3 or 4, so I don't know what's going on here.

Back