Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

I imagine most will walk down from the king car or straight from Union, it's that sort of awkward distance from Union in which it's a long walk but too short of a distance to take transit from.
We walk that far and much farther all the time, but there are lots of those who can't or won't. I can foresee a new TTC bus route (branch at least) further west along Front someday. Let's call it the Rail Deck Park Express 140, and it could be extended via Bathurst, Fort York, Fleet, and Strachan to Liberty Village to provide another looping service through it that goes east instead of the current one that heads north.

A GO Barrie Line stop across Front Street will improve transit accessibility here a little bit some years from now, and further out a Queen and Spadina stop on the Ontario will bring it a little closer again. Not even the Front 121 bus from Union comes by here, having turned south via Blue Jays down to Bremner and Fort York boulevards at this point, so I wonder if the TTC will need to create a new line or branch for this, as I doubt all transiteers will want to get here from only the Spadina and King Streetcars.

Yes there are plans for a new bus route along Front. TTC has a new westbound bus stop on the north side of Front, west of Spadina as part of The Well's streetscape reconstruction.

1581621857946.png

A leasing update came out recently.
From Robert Armstrong: Our team at Avison Young along with Allied Properties REIT are thrilled to announce The Well is now 84% leased. We currently have the top 6 floors of the building (31-36) available, which can offer a single floor or a high profile block of up to 68,615 square feet with some of the best views in the city! In addition we have a contiguous block of 60,000 square feet on the 13th and 14th floors of the building available for a term of 5 years. Please reach out to our team Andrew Boyd, Brett Armstrong or myself for more details.
View attachment 230727

This nighttime render seems to suggest the glazing changes after two more floors.

The renders haven't been completely reliable as of yet but the most recent ones (posted above) are likely what we'll get. I think once the metal accents are added it will change the appearance of the tower's cladding (likely making it look a lot darker). Best to hold judgement until we get a few floors of this with all the bells and whistles added.

Back