Toronto The United BLDG | 179.52m | 52s | Davpart | B+H

1597020773326.png

1597020817261.png

Yep, pretty major project for the Dundas & University area along with Artists Alley. The grade level improvements along Dundas here, especially the introduction of a colonnade is what I look forward to the most. Makes you wonder if we'll see redevelopment interest for the SE corner in the future.

Yep, pretty major project for the Dundas & University area along with Artists Alley. The grade level improvements along Dundas here, especially the introduction of a colonnade is what I look forward to the most. Makes you wonder if we'll see redevelopment interest for the SE corner in the future.

I sincerely hope so - a 5 storey office building on that corner doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Apparently the property owners however aren't very motivated to redevelop. They're more known for maintaining what they have.

I sincerely hope so - a 5 storey office building on that corner doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Apparently the property owners however aren't very motivated to redevelop. They're more known for maintaining what they have.

Guess they've been holding it steady with revenue from the tenants they have. The RBC has been there seemingly forever. It always looks busy outside with all the international students attending the English language school there, although I'd imagine it hasn't been the same since the pandemic started. I've been WFH this whole time since March.

Guess they've been holding it steady with revenue from the tenants they have. The RBC has been there seemingly forever. It always looks busy outside with all the international students attending the English language school there, although I'd imagine it hasn't been the same since the pandemic started. I've been WFH this whole time since March.

Wouldn’t a building in the SE corner block the amazing views for 481 and 488? Why would anyone want that?

Yesterday.
764E3853-2F05-4CAD-98CB-0C73BEE4EE10.jpeg

Attachments

• 2922E262-6726-4351-865A-2E573C2D7790.jpeg
    2922E262-6726-4351-865A-2E573C2D7790.jpeg
    198.5 KB · Views: 294
Last edited by a moderator:
Whether or not a development happens in the future we'll let the proponents involved decide. But no one is entitled to a view forever. Especially not in a dynamic urban environment.
True but it’s a pity that no matter how nice a building is architecturally, if it doesn’t feel good living in there makes it really worthless. I mean NY has so many great buildings but to have a sliver of the river and call it an amazing view after spending 10M is a joke. There should be guidelines about new buildings blocking strategic views of certain units in a building if proponents and investors are going to be spending millions to justify and support these projects. It’s like builders making opaque or frosted balcony glass/railings so you completely can’t see out from the inside just so the outside looks interesting is also a joke.

True but it’s a pity that no matter how nice a building is architecturally, if it doesn’t feel good living in there makes it really worthless. I mean NY has so many great buildings but to have a sliver of the river and call it an amazing view after spending 10M is a joke. There should be guidelines about new buildings blocking strategic views of certain units in a building if proponents and investors are going to be spending millions to justify and support these projects. It’s like builders making opaque or frosted balcony glass/railings so you completely can’t see out from the inside just so the outside looks interesting is also a joke.

Frankly, if that was the case then nothing new would ever get built. As the concept of established view entitlement would be too arbitrary, and everyone would want to push their desired perspective. At the end of the day, if you're concerned about what if a possible new building rises someday at this adjacent corner with high redevelopment value, then welcome to downtown living in a growing city.

Frankly, if that was the case then nothing new would ever get built. As the concept of established view entitlement would be too arbitrary, and everyone would want to push their desired perspective. At the end of the day, if you're concerned about what if a possible new building rises someday at this adjacent corner with high redevelopment value, then welcome to downtown living in a growing city.

It also speaks to a hell of a lot of entitlement, lmao. At the end of the day, it’s not their goddamn property. As long the owners don’t plan on doing anything heinous or detrimental to the community with the site, these neighbours should pipe the hell down

Very sad for the millionaires and investors spiralling our housing crisis out of control.

It's interesting that Davpart's expected completion for this project is 2026. Looks like they've factored in the complexities of the partial demolition required along with the intricacies of the heritage retrofit and creation of the colonnade along Dundas.

Really can't wait for this project to be built... I think this specific building will appreciate greatly in the next 4-5 years. You can't beat this location. No matter what happens downtown, a major hospital will never disappear.

Back