Toronto The Tower at King West | ?m | 26s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

Does anyone have any information on this project? they were supposed to start construction in June, contruction permits were submitted on March 26.

I imagine that when they finish digging the king west hole across the street they will start on this one. Both projects were supposed to be built at the same time.

I imagine that when they finish digging the king west hole across the street they will start on this one. Both projects were supposed to be built at the same time.

they are actually digging across the street?

they are actually digging across the street?

Site prep work at KWL. awaiting on permits. Info i was told expected by Aug 2010 at KWL. do not know anything further about The Tower but suspect they will start prep work as dc01231 suggested as site is around 85% +sold.

I was down there last weekend, looks much more like digging vs "site prep" to me.

There are some reasonably substantial holes in the ground on the KWL site as well as lots of drilling for metal beams going in.

I was down there last weekend, looks much more like digging vs "site prep" to me.

There are some reasonably substantial holes in the ground on the KWL site as well as lots of drilling for metal beams going in.

Sales office told me they were waiting on permits and therefore perhaps describing it as site prep. They will probably dig under this guise until they are ready to drive in supports which they will almost certainly wait for the formal permit approval. I agree with you that it looked like more than prep and digging. I am just echoing what the sales office told me last week.

from today's Daily Commercial News, so posted with the usual caveat....

CONDOMINIUM APARTMENT BUILDING Proj: 9109865-3

Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON NEGOTIATED/PLANS COMPLETE
125 Western Battery Rd, Liberty Village, M6K 3R8

$42,000,000 est

Start: October, 2010 Complete: May, 2012

Note: Gen Cont has been awarded by the Const Mgr from an Invited list. Schedules for site work and excavation of this project will be released August, 2010. Sub trade tender and construction schedules are undetermined. Further update August, 2010.
Unsolicited phone calls WILL NOT be accepted by the Owner. Preliminary design was completed by Quadrangle Architects Inc, Working drawings were completed by Gabriel Bodor Architect Inc.
Project: concrete foundation, structural steel frame, fuel fired heating system, proposed construction of a 438-unit condominium apartment building with approximately 400 underground parking stalls.
Scope: 400,000 square feet; 30 storeys; 5 storeys below grade; 438 units; parking for 400 cars; 3 acres
Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs

Shoring and digging equipment is on site.

On a related note, many on the forum will no doubt be delighted to know that the southern half of the massive surface parking lot in front of the Metro is already excavated - according to the render on the fence a 2 storey retail strip is being constructed. I don't think any of us thought the parking lot would see any changes for several years. This brings up a concern for me - I'm very surprised that such a development has gone unreported here on UT. Usually this forum is so on the ball about all the happenings. Are people on vacation??

Building Application Status

Application: Partial Permit Status: Permit Issued

TORONTO ON

Ward 19: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 10 140353 SHO 00 PP Issued Date: Aug 13, 2010

Project: Apartment Building Partial Permit - Shoring

Description: Part Permit - Proposal to construct a new 27 sty condo with 390 live-work units and below grade parking.

On a related note, many on the forum will no doubt be delighted to know that the southern half of the massive surface parking lot in front of the Metro is already excavated - according to the render on the fence a 2 storey retail strip is being constructed. I don't think any of us thought the parking lot would see any changes for several years. This brings up a concern for me - I'm very surprised that such a development has gone unreported here on UT. Usually this forum is so on the ball about all the happenings. Are people on vacation??

But it has been reported. ( not that it's under construction but the proposal itself)

It's been discussed on other threads but you're right in that there's no specific thread about it. Probably too small. Glad to see that half of the parking lot disappear and this retail will hide the suburban feel of the Metro quite nicely.

Are they doing under ground parking for this new little section of retail? From what I saw on Saturday they're digging down a fair ways already and they're not done yet...

Construction update

Here's a video of the digging going on.....

[video=youtube;hETzuBjNEYc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hETzuBjNEYc[/video]

July 04
5905477918_ef0c357a7b_b.jpg

5904922617_e5d8597443_b.jpg

5905482240_84ae5475ae_b.jpg

5904902977_45383b7678_b.jpg

Back