Toronto The Selby | 165.5m | 50s | Tricon | bKL Architecture

Superb. (Complimentary cocktail, delicious fluffy quiche, flavourful lemon tart). I will be a regular in short order.

I went there for a late lunch this weekend and really enjoyed the food and experience. When we got our bill at the end of the meal, i noticed that our drinks were considered "happy hour" specials which was a really pleasant surprise. I didn't think happy hour was a thing on the weekends. I will definitely be back, timing it for their patio opening.

I had lunch at Maison Selby today. Service was excellent, food a little salty for me. There are 3 dining areas on the main floor, plus a bar that can also accommodate diners. Each of the dining room has a different wallpaper; I call them the floral room, the tropical landscape room and the tropical fauna room. My favourite is the tropical fauna room (the smallest), which looks like a conservatory (pictures below). Judging from the lunchtime crowd, the restaurant seems to be popular.

The kitchen and washrooms are in the basement, leaving a very small area for Bar Sous Sol, which can also be booked for private events. The bar is very dark, with only 2 small openings to the street, and they’re mostly blocked by neon signs. When it’s not closed for private events, the bar is open from 6 pm. Upstairs is a games / rec room for the Selby residents.

C662C496-C0A7-43EA-8888-8651BB58485F.jpeg

0109CC49-0304-4C08-9B8F-9E98A6CCE889.jpeg

It's rare that a brand new place can have such a depth of character - looks like they've done a beautiful job and created something special there. Looking forward to checking it out.

Back