Toronto The Saint | 151m | 47s | Minto Group | Wallman Architects

The wood panels are a nice touch, always appreciate a little warmth added. The kinks between the podium and tower are nice however will come down to whether or not they actually use curtain wall (not holding my breath). The heritage portion has a real chance to be a stunner!

The wood panels are a nice touch, always appreciate a little warmth added. The kinks between the podium and tower are nice however will come down to whether or not they actually use curtain wall (not holding my breath). The heritage portion has a real chance to be a stunner!
The heritage portion isn't even part of the site, from my understanding.

unnamed-6.jpg
unnamed-5.jpg

After having looked at the floor plans and seeing that what they refer to as a 'one bedroom' (when it actual fact it should be referred to as a studio as there is no actual bed room separate from the living space) I wonder just what the guidelines are for being able to label something as a 'one bedroom' ?

After having looked at the floor plans and seeing that what they refer to as a 'one bedroom' (when it actual fact it should be referred to as a studio as there is no actual bed room separate from the living space) I wonder just what the guidelines are for being able to label something as a 'one bedroom' ?
What you can get away with!

There are guidelines and standards that define a legal bedroom, such as minimum floor area (with or without a closet), minimum room dimensions and access to natural light, but some developers like to bend the rules and call a room a bedroom when it really should be a den or a studio unit altogether. Some developers use the term “junior 1-bedroom” where the bedroom is either open to the living area (no door) or smaller than a legal bedroom, but it’s not that often you see that term used to describe a unit type.
It’s frustrating that developers could get away with this misrepresentation.

It is partly the fault of the purchasers who 'fall for it' - and then whine that what they signed up for is not what they thought it was. Caveat emptor!

I mean you are right but there is such little supply and prices going up people are almost forced to buy. Remember when people used to laugh at linear kitchens? We are seeing them in $1m 2 bedroom condos now. The bedroom/den thing was inevitable. Still waiting on developers to start selling coffin units as they shrink square footage to fit their margins.

Let's not ignore that supply has been short for most of our lifetimes. It has been much worst for an extended period than it is now too. What we have here is runaway real estate speculation encouraged for the economic boom and now too big of an economic sector to allow to fail. It's the flippers that aren't developing property but reselling it for a 50% to 100% increase in a few short years. You probably are not wrong with the coffin units.

We never had as many units sitting empty as we do now. It's probable there are more single family homes unoccupied and unavailable across the GTA than one bedroom apartment units. It's not just condos.

Back