Toronto The Saint | 151m | 47s | Minto Group | Wallman Architects

Ya gotta say as confused as this building makes me feel... The materials look nice. But ya it's very, Busy looking.

It's ok, not offensive. I like where it shifts. Not a big fan of the balcony treatment with those varying bands. It's better than many other buildings, but kinda just seems like alter, casa 2 and the shorter portion of 1thousand bay just jammed into one design, and then they threw in a little north/south theatre park elevation and then because they were really confused they decided to borrow theatre district's balcony banding, the pattern on the upper level balconies reminds me a bit of 5ive's balconies... but I guess it also seems reminiscent of alter or yonge and rich.

I feel like they have too many ideas here and need to edit, focus on a couple of those ideas rather than a little bit of everything.

All that being said... It's still decent.

Yeah, just too much going on at once. No coherency from top to bottom - a ragtag collection of stacked ideas. Settle on one or two motifs, integrate them cleverly and good to go.

Last edited:
Its ok, not offensive. I like where it shifts. Not a big fan of the balcony treatment with those varying bands. It's better than many other buildings, but kinda just seems like alter, casa 2 and the shorter portion of 1thousand bay just jammed into one design, and then they threw in a little north/south theatre park elevation and then because they were really confused they decided to borrow theatre districts balcony banding, the pattern on the upper level balconies reminds me a bit of 5ives balconies... but I guess it also seems reminiscent of alter or yonge and rich.

I feel like they have too many ideas here and need to edit, focus on a couple of those ideas rather than a little bit of everything.

All that being said... It's still decent.

The pattern are letters that read vertically as 89 Church. It's my favourite part of this aA collage.

The pattern are letters that read vertically as 89 Church. It's my favourite part of this aA collage.
ok true never noticed that... That is neat! Maybe space the lettering out more but still near the upper portion. And have the black and whit bands,all the same thick ness or a gradual thickness change up or down.

Ya I think the varying bands is really what bothers me. Make them the same. Or as mentioned above make them change by gradient or some type of pattern. Random can work but not when there are so many other details to fight against.

I'm sure it's nothing but I'd be interested to know what's going on in the courtyard of the State Street Financial building in this image:

viewsupportingdoc-106-2-jpg.73795

Back