Toronto The Rosedale on Bloor | 185.92m | 55s | Gupta | Arcadis

Hotels downtown right now are just nuts in terms of pricing. I’m not surprised- you probably can’t get a hotel for less than $300 a night right now.
Good lord, that's wild. Though I'm sure it's less on a Monday to Wednesday, if you avoid the Southcore/Financial District and aim for an area a little north.

Finishing touches coming along quickly. Pavers were laid for the Selby hotel drop-off and POPS in about two days. From what I can see, most of the hotel rooms are nearing completion and they are moving in furniture. Never lived across from a hotel before... will see some interesting things no doubt 👀

IMG_2693.jpg

This one is definitely in wrap up mode, lots of workers on site yesterday as the last of the exterior cladding goes up and a lot of the interior finishes are being completed as well.

Photos taken December 29th, 2022:

First from the corner of Yonge and Bloor:

DSC00580.JPG

Now from much closer:

DSC00598.JPG

I really do dislike this clunky, overbearing podium (below); but a fair few close-ups follow, as well as looking (from the outside) at some of the fit-out.

DSC00599.JPG

DSC00600.JPG

DSC00601.JPG

DSC00602.JPG

DSC00603.JPG

DSC00604.JPG

DSC00616.JPG

The top part looks like it was designed by a committee. What's up with that?

This is one of the more bland / depressing new towers in the City, in my opinion. It looks like they took a Vaughan office park with cheap aluminum cladding and copy pasted it 55 storeys into the innocent and unsuspecting air. Also this may be my SAD talking, but I could never live in a building with windows that heavily tinted.

2/10 would not recommend.

This is one of the more bland / depressing new towers in the City, in my opinion. It looks like they took a Vaughan office park with cheap aluminum cladding and copy pasted it 55 storeys into the innocent and unsuspecting air. Also this may be my SAD talking, but I could never live in a building with windows that heavily tinted.

2/10 would not recommend.
You got to kidding! It simple but an effective looking tower for the Yorkville skyline that can be seen from afar lol!

9.5/10 scientists say that the difference can't be detected with the naked eye.

View attachment 447814
Thank's for mocking the idea of dark glazed thick cladded facades. That keep the elements of things in the building private from the outside. Like the iconic Scotia Tower Royal Bank and The One towers do. Compared to the bland clear blue, green glass showing everything from the white blinds to the kitchen sink etc from the outside lol. I don't mind a few like in office towers. But we have enough of the tall clear blue green devalued looking glass condo facades in the city's core. Even if this tower's facade looks cheap in someone's opinion. It's has a solid dark glazed window and cladding which is good for some diversity!

Thank's for mocking the idea of dark glazed thick cladded facades. That keep the elements of things in the building private from the outside. Like the iconic Scotia Tower Royal Bank and The One towers do. Compared to the bland clear blue, green glass showing everything from the white blinds to the kitchen sink etc from the outside lol. I don't mind a few like in office towers. But we have enough of the tall clear blue green devalued looking glass condo facades in the city's core. Even if this tower's facade looks cheap in someone's opinion. It's has a solid dark glazed window and cladding which is good for some diversity!

With great respect; while you are certainly allowed to appreciate this tower, if that suits you; I think your comparisons border on the absurd.

This building has no resemblance, either in an absolute sense, or stylistically to any of the towers you mentioned.

The tint on the glazing is the least of its shortcomings.

The overall cladding does look cheap and as a point of fact, it is, relatively so, when compared with the cladding of the buildings you mentioned.
It's grey, with a mostly matte finish, that doesn't add much value. The windows' sin has more to do w/design and mullions than tint.
That said, the podium is truly awful. All to be expected from Gupta and IBI a team that rarely fails to promise little and deliver less.

If it works for you, that's fine, but equally so, it's fine that many if not most other UT'ers are less smitten.

With great respect; while you are certainly allowed to appreciate this tower, if that suits you; I think your comparisons border on the absurd.

This building has no resemblance, either in an absolute sense, or stylistically to any of the towers you mentioned.

The tint on the glazing is the least of its shortcomings.

The overall cladding does look cheap and as a point of fact, it is, relatively so, when compared with the cladding of the buildings you mentioned.
It's grey, with a mostly matte finish, that doesn't add much value. The windows' sin has more to do w/design and mullions than tint.
That said, the podium is truly awful. All to be expected from Gupta and IBI a team that rarely fails to promise little and deliver less.

If it works for you, that's fine, but equally so, it's fine that many if not most other UT'ers are less smitten.
Of course this building is not as great as those three top offices is quoted. But it's not an eye sore compared to some other blue green washed out facades. This building's facade looks solid from afar on a photo from what I'm trying to explain. Even if the materials used are not as good quality lol! Bottom line I'm more of a fan of dark glazed thick cladded facades with the least amount of balconies if possible for condos!

Back