Hamilton The Rebecca Condos | 96.3m | 30s | Rosehaven | Core Architects

It's not end users buying precons so they don't care.

I wonder if they've factored in the fact they are going to be living RIGHT beside a fire station and the noise that will bring..

It pays to know your surroundings..

Last edited:
I wonder if they've factored in the fact they are going to be living RIGHT beside a fire station and the noise that will bring..

It pays to know your surroundings.. no amt of soundproofing is gonna make that worth sleeping through.
They don't use sirens after a certain time of night unlike Toronto.

They don't use sirens after a certain time of night unlike Toronto.

Siren use, in all Ontario cities, are basically at the discretion of the driver. Their decision to use them is based on traffic levels, seriousness of the call, etc. Toronto at 3am still has traffic at many intersections. Hamilton is much quieter, traffic wise, in the evening. Most emergency vehicle drivers prefer not to use the siren for long durations because 1) it's loud for them too, and 2) they can't hear other responding emergency vehicles with it on.

There is no directive or policy not use sirens in Hamilton overnight, it's just not seen as necessary by the driver. As nightlife and densities increase, bringing late-night traffic with it, they'll be using the sirens more overnight too.

Last edited:
Siren use, in all Ontario cities, are basically at the discretion of the driver. Their decision to use them is based on traffic levels, seriousness of the call, etc. Toronto at 3am still has traffic at many intersections. Hamilton is much quieter, traffic wise, in the evening. Most emergency vehicle drivers prefer not to use the siren for long durations because 1) it's loud for them too, and 2) they can't hear other responding emergency vehicles with it on.

There is no directive or policy not use sirens in Hamilton overnight, it's just not seen as necessary by the driver. As nightlife and densities increase, bringing late-night traffic with it, they'll be using the sirens more overnight too.
Actually it's at the discretion of the officer in the passenger seat of the truck. Atleast in my department.

Actually it's at the discretion of the officer in the passenger seat of the truck. Atleast in my department.

Indeed. Thank-you for the correction. This was about fire services; I'm more familiar with ambulance.

So looks like it's gonna be a point of contention eventually - and with so MANY high rises being built around this area a lot of people are going to get more than they bargained for. I mean yeah I hear sirens where I am but it's more distant - not RIGHT in my back yard. Haha, siren NIMBYism

Hopefully Rosehaven will build this one, and perhaps with enough new locals complaining about how stupid the park design is, there will be changes enacted to make it much more aestheticly pleasing, and perhaps even used.

Hopefully Rosehaven will build this one, and perhaps with enough new locals complaining about how stupid the park design is, there will be changes enacted to make it much more aestheticly pleasing, and perhaps even used.
Honestly? Tear up ALL the concrete and domes and just make it all grass, import some older trees and have it be a nice substantial park with some nice middle feature like a giant waterfall trickling over a huge rock feature or something or even another fountain - go the victorian park route with maybe concrete in a circle around it with paths to each corner so people feel like they do in say gage park, with benches with flowers behind them - I mean I get it will be years until the trees mature regardless but this is still for the most part concrete - there is no reason for people to congregate here - no points of interest. It's like people have lost their connection to beauty and nature.

Look how cozy gore park used to look in the 1800s:

32022189101245.jpg

Make it feel like an oasis shut off from everything around it.

Honestly? Tear up ALL the concrete and domes and just make it all grass, import some older trees and have it be a nice substantial park with some nice middle feature like a giant waterfall trickling over a huge rock feature or something or even another fountain - go the victorian park route with maybe concrete in a circle around it with paths to each corner so people feel like they do in say gage park, with benches with flowers behind them - I mean I get it will be years until the trees mature regardless but this is still for the most part concrete - there is no reason for people to congregate here - no points of interest. It's like people have lost their connection to beauty and nature.

Look how cozy gore park used to look in the 1800s:

32022189101245.jpg

Make it feel like an oasis shut off from everything around it.
It'd probably be taken over by drunken vagrants in no time.

Back