Toronto The Queen | 58.81m | 16s | Lamb Dev Corp | A&Architects

...as for this place's title, I would like to see the city negotiate that Lamb arranges a statue of the late Freddie Mercury singing while playing a piano in clear view of the public. Bronze or marble doesn't matter with me...as this would be entirely awesome, IMO.

Could it be a planning exercise until 481 Queen str. E ( the corner house ) is added to the lot ?

Happy to see this development and more density at this intersection. Hopefully this brings some life to that stretch of Queen East!

So with regards to height and density, does this site fall under the province's new rules for development close to transit stations (in this case the upcoming Ontario Line)?

Event Information: 471-479 Queen Street East - Community Consultation Meeting
Date and time:Monday, March 29, 2021 6:30 pm
Eastern Daylight Time (Toronto, GMT-04:00)
Change time zone
Duration:1 hour 30 minutes
Description:
The City has received an application to amend the Zoning By-law to allow a 15-storey (51.1 metres plus a 3.7-metre mechanical penthouse) mixed-use building with retail at-grade, 143 dwelling units, 33 vehicle parking spaces in a below grade garage, and 180 bicycle parking spaces.

Please visit the Site's Application Information Centre website at Toronto.ca/471QueenStE for more information.

Fire that destroyed east-end Toronto home was ‘intentionally set,’ police say

March 24, 2021

Toronto police believe a fire that destroyed a home in the city's Corktown neighbourhood last summer was “intentionally set.”

Police made the claim in a news release Wednesday to get more witnesses. It follows a report toronto.com published which was prompted by a reader who asked what caused the four-alarm fire.

The Office of the Fire Marshal and police would not share the cause as it is part of an ongoing police investigation.

The fire happened on June 2 at a home at 473 Queen St. E., near Sumach Street, at 9:15 a.m.

It quickly developed into a four-alarm blaze, and fire crews managed to bring the fire under control by 11 a.m.

Toronto Fire Services District Chief Stephan Powell said at the time the home was a three-storey building that was under construction.

According to police, as officers approached the scene, the building had thick dark smoke billowing out and was engulfed in flames.

“As the scene unfolded it was determined the building and several units sustained structural damage, preventing investigators immediate access, although it was confirmed there were no injuries,” police said in the news release.

“A report was passed to detectives from 51 Division and they believe the fire was intentionally set.”

Police are asking for people to turn their minds back to that day and pass on any information directly to 51 Division at 416-808-5100 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-8477, or 222tips.com.

Sorry but at this point I think it's time Brad Lamb and/or his company be criminally investigated, it's not just purely coincidental that this happens repeatedly at the properties he owns. Who knows, maybe this will kick start said investigation

I've been thinking this for a while now. How many has it been? But he wouldn't be that stupid. Couldn't be. It would invite complete personal destruction. And it's almost TV-Land evil.

I've been thinking this for a while now. How many has it been? But he wouldn't be that stupid. Couldn't be. It would invite complete personal destruction. And it's almost TV-Land evil.
I mean after what we've seen him try to pull with the residents who live above the auto shop on Bloor St West, I really wouldnt put anything past him.

But most of us already knew of his incompetent behavior way before that incident occurred.

Sorry but at this point I think it's time Brad Lamb and/or his company be criminally investigated, it's not just purely coincidental that this happens repeatedly at the properties he owns. Who knows, maybe this will kick start said investigation
You mean torching properties so he doesn't have to demo/buy them? I'm out of the loop on this.

You mean torching properties so he doesn't have to demo/buy them? I'm out of the loop on this.
More so having fires conveniently happen so there's no need for historical preservation, and ultimately easier to begin development on said property.

Request for Direction report (to oppose this at OLT) headed to the next meeting of TEYCC.

Report Link: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2022/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-198864.pdf

From the report:

1643988979441.png

1643989035452.png

1643989078452.png

Settlement offer was made to the City on January 23rd of this year, in anticipation of a March hearing date before the OLT.

That offer is now going before Council next week:

The settlement offer is public: (still 15s)

1675349763113.png

1675349821493.png

And we have one render:

1675349856446.png

1675349918302.png

Plus some massing drawings:

1675349993171.png

Unit total: 146
Parking total: 33

Back