Toronto The Quay, Tower Three (was Maple Leaf Quay) | 66.44m | 21s | Pacific Reach | BDP Quadrangle

Only 20 stories now, matching in height the existing 21 story towers. Sounds like an entirely new design too:

For the new building at 370, the podium section will be oriented E-W as is the existing building, and will connect at its ends to 350 and 390 for the first two floors. For floors three to six, the podium will step back 6 metres (“m”) from 350 and 390. Above the podium, the 7 storey mid-rise section will be separated 30 m from 350 to the east, and 12 m from 390 to the west. The top 7 storeys of the tower will be separated 30 m from 350, the same as the mid-rise section, and 25 m from 390. Thus, the building would have successively smaller footprints as the number of storeys increases. The existing towers are separated by 82 m. The mid-rise section of the new building would occupy approximately half of this span, and the tower section would occupy approximately one-third, leaving open the remaining gaps on either side.

From the DRP Presentation:

1543346330562.png

1543346370070.png

1543346424286.png

1543346443424.png

1543346461075.png

350 QUEENS QUAY W
Ward 10 - Tor & E.York District

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...4499658&isCofASearch=false&isTlabSearch=false

Site Plan Approval application in connection with the redevelopment of the 3-storey link building for a new mixed-use building. The proposed development consists of a 20-storey building (60.0 metres, excluding mechanical penthouse), with retail uses at grade and residential units occupying the remaining floors. In addition, a northerly 21-storey addition is proposed to the existing building at 350 Queens Quay West, and minor building additions are proposed on the ground floor of both 350 and 390 Queens Quay West facing Queens Quay.

It makes me wonder if there saving the extension of the south tower till when they start a new tower over the current parkade.

i don't know? looks confusing beside the 2 slabs:confused:
This proposal was always going to end up being something jammed in between 2 slabs.

But I very much welcome the extra density to the waterfront, revitalization of public realm and the existing buildings, and the utilization of the roof of that parking structure for recreational space. I'm not sure what the financial viability of putting some sort of activity or use (e.g. food-truck like eatery, coffee shop) on that roof would be, but I hope it ends up being open to the public. You got some potentially great views of the park and the lake.

Back