Toronto The Quay, Tower Three (was Maple Leaf Quay) | 66.44m | 21s | Pacific Reach | BDP Quadrangle

Paint is absorb by porous clay and concrete. It should not chip or peel. The paint will faded in time. Dirt sticks to brick and the facade will need repointing in time. Height is not exactly kind to brick either. The steel siding on dozens of aging apartment towers wasn't put on for aesthetics.

Paint is absorb by porous clay and concrete. It should not chip or peel. The paint will faded in time. Dirt sticks to brick and the facade will need repointing in time. Height is not exactly kind to brick either. The steel siding on dozens of aging apartment towers wasn't put on for aesthetics.

I've seen chipped paint on painted brick houses. Toronto still has many of those rundown looking Victorian buildings where the coat of paint is terrible shape, though owners are now investing in restoration in greater numbers.

June 3 and more up on site
17848616674_cefbbbac9e_b.jpg

18285085099_87f2a09308_b.jpg

18466985562_200b4c8721_b.jpg

18283473408_a24b1d5e0f_b.jpg

18285701569_fedc0922a6_b.jpg

18445458966_45876aa3ac_b.jpg

18473742101_69b9befb9e_b.jpg

Based on your third last photo Drum, I'm thinking this might look Dutch when it's done.

Pretttttty good.

From a distance, looks very good. The close up shots though, looks cheap and ad hoc.

Are we even looking at the same pictures? It doesn't look cheap and ad hoc to me. The paint looks good and I love that the texture of the brick can be seen. Unless you are referring to that one closest picture, in which case it looks like the windows were literally just put in and are covered in dirt and dust from the work above/work to install them.

Second picture showcases the difference the orange panel makes. Distracts your eyes from the unfortunate air conditioner vent.

Second picture showcases the difference the orange panel makes. Distracts your eyes from the unfortunate air conditioner vent.

It's actually just a plain vent - it's where the storage area use to be for 350. It is now being turned into units. The wood on the building is where mantience use to be - that too is being turned to units and they've cut out the concrete is those areas waiting for window install.

A few of the new red accented windows showing up on the east facade today.

IMG_1378.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1378.jpg
    IMG_1378.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 868
More like a What Not To Wear makeover, and Stacey and Clinton have definitely found something to put a smile on the aging twins.

I'm with 42. Yes a bit of a pig, but it wasn't going to be torn down any time soon, and as Stacey and Clinton repeatedly showed, many a slabby old pig can be made almost pleasant to look at.

Back