Toronto The Quay, Tower Three (was Maple Leaf Quay) | 66.44m | 21s | Pacific Reach | BDP Quadrangle

I like that the new version breaks up the horizontal forms in favor of vertical lines, and instantly makes the space feel much more urbane.

Now, about that parking garage to the West...
You said exactly what I was thinking - agreed 100%.

This update looks great but seriously, the worst offender is the parking garage. What a waste of such prime waterfront property. Hopefully that'll be a part of another project, replacing the garage with underground parking and a new tower on top.

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 5.02.50 PM.png

This one has seen a number of revisions and updates over the past few months. Here are renders from the most recent Architectural Plans dated April 21, 2020. Not much has changed but there are a few differences if you look closely:

image--000.jpg

image--001.jpg

image--002.jpg

image--015.jpg

And a look at details/materials:
image--010.jpg

image--011.jpg

image--012.jpg

image--014.jpg

All images sourced from the Application Information Centre

Really hope that the pedestrian realm fronting the slip will be improved since it's sort of a harsh space at the moment, with very few soft spaces/materials or shelter.

Also curious about the parking garage- are they going to have that much amenity space on the roof, or is it just render magic?

Also curious about the parking garage- are they going to have that much amenity space on the roof, or is it just render magic?
I expect we'll see another tower proposed on the garage site within the next couple years, so they're not going to spend much on that rooftop terrace now.

With their ever evolving attempts to throw the symmetry off of these buildings for no really good reasons, let's hope it never gets built. >.<

Last edited:
Nothing to do with the new phase, but I shot this of the existing buildings on the weekend:
The Quay by Jack Landau, on Flickr

Back