Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

I wouldn't be surprised if it only loops around to get below the PATH level, and returns to a normal sort of slowly sloping layout afterwards.

I did reference Hue - though I think now that we've seen what the proposal, arguing for keeping it in situ appears a lot less appropriate.

More to the point, it sounds like those deputing on heritage matters were still fixating more on Stollery's than on Hue.

It's too bad that Councillor Wong-Tam wasn't at the meeting to witness the unusually positive reactions from the community. I can't help but feel that her seemingly hawkish tone, particularly in respect of the height and density, would soften somewhat if she knew that there wasn't a substantive public appetite to throw up roadblocks to tall towers, provided that they are thoughtfully designed.

It also may depend on the *kinds* of "community members" present (or not present), remember.

Assuming this goes through, curious, how many other cities, if any, in NA, have a purely residential building as their #1 tallest ? I'd imagine for just about all cities this would typically be an office building ?
Miami is the only other one I can think of.

My parking spot is on 6th level /the ramps are quite far from each other/ and by the time I get in or out I get dizzy. I can only imagine how one will feel after 10 levels doing tight circles.

Apparently it will be a valet parking system. I assume that means you drive down to the level below PATH, then pull it over and head for the elevators. A valet takes your car away to the first free spot in the garage. You don't own a particular spot in the garage.

Last edited:
It also may depend on the *kinds* of "community members" present (or not present), remember.

Presumably all kinds of community members were allowed entrance to the event, so I don't see any reason to suspect that this consultation was some kind of departure from so many others wherein naysayers show up in force... outside of there simply being fewer naysayers.

Intersting - Poll from CTV - I wonder who these people are because the local community was very positive.

I guess these responses could come from anywhere - other cities etc. I dont give it much credence.

If you want to participate in the poll go to the site and go to the end of the article.

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/mobile/the-one-tower-plan-would-reshape-toronto-skyline-1.2276865

2015-03-12 23.44.17.png

Attachments

• 2015-03-12 23.44.17.png
    2015-03-12 23.44.17.png
    249 KB · Views: 998
Last edited:
This building is handsome, has height, and is street friendly and will be a great addition to the Toronto skyline but it is by no means an "iconic" building. In 20 years when there will be a lot of similar size buildings throughout the downtown Torontonians will view this as one of the nice tall buildings in the city but that's all.

This building is handsome, has height, and is street friendly and will be a great addition to the Toronto skyline but it is by no means an "iconic" building. In 20 years when there will be a lot of similar size buildings throughout the downtown Torontonians will view this as one of the nice tall buildings in the city but that's all.

I agree. I'd like this a lot more if the pattern was in a silver metallic colour. The beige detracts from the building, IMO.

I'm very excited about the retail potential here. I think this will inject a lot of excitement with new to Canada retailers to Yorkville. I can't wait to here who might be coming.

I think the the bronze colour of the building's exoskeleton will really stand out amongst a sea of grey or blue-green towers we have in Toronto. I welcome this new addition to the skyline. Despite the fact that I live right next to this, I think the height is totally fine and hope that the city doesn't cut this down.

Intersting - Poll from CTV - I wonder who these people are because the local community was very positive.

I guess these responses could come from anywhere - other cities etc. I dont give it much credence.

If you want to participate in the poll go to the site and go to the end of the article.

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/mobile/the-one-tower-plan-would-reshape-toronto-skyline-1.2276865

View attachment 42748

I'm not really surprised. Most people I know who live outside old Toronto hate condos on principal, even if they've never been in one. They seem to believe that everyone should be living in single family homes with car dependent lifestyles just like them.

Does anyone know if the building's eastern PATH connection will link up with One Bloor East, or will it just go directly into the subway station?

Back