Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

After doing some math, the average condo size in this proposal is roughly 929 sq.ft.
Sales at One Bloor East is almost $1,000/sq.ft., so if you factor in the typical future pricing for precon it maybe at $1,100/sq.ft. or more given the long closing.
That means the average price for a unit here will be just above a million dollars, well beyond what the typical investor are willing to gamble on.
I am guessing that prices will be even closer to $1,200 or more as it sounds like the condos are catering to the super high-end buyer (think Four Seasons, Ritz-Carlton, Shangri-La and Trump) -- far more upscale than the interiors of 1BE, which I heard are disappointing.

Mizrahi mentioned that construction will start soon with retail opening in 2018 which I don't think he has any clue how long it takes to get city approvals. On top of that it will be interesting to see how he is going to have the retail portion finished and opened while the tower is still under construction as the site is not as big as 1BE or Aura. This will be an amazing feat of logistics.
Sounds like Mizrahi has the funds to start construction without meeting the 70 or 80% in condo sales, if not, meeting those sales target will take some time given the very high price point.

He seems to be a little unclear on the specifics which makes me thinks he's still actively pursuing a REIT, pensions fund, etc or at least has yet to finalize an arrangement. At least we can put a land deal with a developer to rest. Too much publicity for just a land assembly.

Is it just 774 that is listed? or is there another property (I thought there were 2 for some reason)

774-yonge.png

Attachments

• 774-yonge.png
    774-yonge.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 1,091
There is no real credible reason why this building must be retained here, though i do feel it should be preserved. If this were a historic site it would be a different matter but the reason for preservation is the architecture and is not site specific, as far as i know at least. Regardless, a reasonable compromise would be to find another home for it along Yonge and to make Mizrahi foot the bill to move it. If they can do it for the Campbell House they can do it for here. The change of location just becomes part of the building's ongoing history!

Pretty stoked a Foster highrise is coming to Toronto. No one does a diagrid like F&P. All too often these massive buildings forget that meeting the street is important. The first few levels of this building are amazing. Love the way the diagrid exoskeleton comes to a point at ground level, and the atrium is going to be spectacular.

Last edited:
H&M / Scotia Bank lands

Yeah, i wouldnt be surprised if it also happens here, when a 40-50 storey tower is eventually built on the H&M/Scotiabank lands,
.. this is Boomtown, no views are safe in this city

Right on!
This site is begging for redevelopment right now!
( But , why not 60-70 storey high?)

Assuming this goes through, curious, how many other cities, if any, in NA, have a purely residential building as their #1 tallest ? I'd imagine for just about all cities this would typically be an office building ?

it's not purely residential though... it has 8 double height floors of retail at it's base. the 72 floors of residential alone would not make it the tallest.

15323-49002.jpg

My parking spot is on 6th level /the ramps are quite far from each other/ and by the time I get in or out I get dizzy. I can only imagine how one will feel after 10 levels doing tight circles.

Attachments

• 15323-49002.jpg
    15323-49002.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,026

Back