IMG_7379.jpeg
IMG_7380.jpeg
IMG_7381.jpeg
IMG_7382.jpeg
IMG_7383.jpeg
IMG_7384.jpeg
IMG_7385.jpeg
IMG_7386.jpeg

I'm just wondering if anybody knows what are those metallic looking circles that dot the yellow/brown insulation covering the super columns at street level?

Are those things somehow affixing the insulation stuff to the concrete?

Thanks to everyone posting here, especially the pics, totally loving it all, cheers!

It almost feels like The One will top out before they finish digging there. >.<
Through the passing of the eons, as species went extinct and new ones evolved, The One was eventually completed, but The Pemberton remained a constant in its eternal stasis.

I'm just wondering if anybody knows what are those metallic looking circles that dot the yellow/brown insulation covering the super columns at street level?

Are those things somehow affixing the insulation stuff to the concrete?

Thanks to everyone posting here, especially the pics, totally loving it all, cheers!
Stick pins. This is just one example of them: https://www.pyroteknc.com/products/accessories/install-pins/

It's effectively like a pin that gets glued on to the surface to be insulated. The insulation gets pushed onto the protruding pin, and then a retention clip (the circles) get pressed onto the pin to hold the insulation from falling off

Through the passing of the eons, as species went extinct and new ones evolved, The One was eventually completed, but The Pemberton remained a constant in its eternal stasis.
...with a underground parking lot dug all the way down to the Earth's mantel? 🙀

Some photos taken today, Tuesday, as more panels on the ground level were installed. One of the workers came by and asked "Urban Toronto?" He told me a lot of the crew follow the coverage here. He also said that the 22nd floor was poured the other day, 23rd floor to be poured next week, and the tower should shoot up very fast now. He told me the installation of glass panels was delayed to fix a bracket issue, which was overcome, as can be seen by all the windows put up over the past week or so. He couldn't give me an idea of when the cladding would start being installed though.

I checked one of the plans and the 22nd floor corresponds with 85 metres. Milestones to come: The Royal Bank Building at 2 King E. at 89 metres was Toronto's tallest from 1915 to 1928; surpassed with 90 metres by the Sterling Tower at 372 Bay which held the height record from 1928 to 1929, which in turn was surpassed by the Royal York Hotel at 124 metres.

UTIMG_7532.jpg
UTIMG_7588.jpg
UTIMG_7578.jpg

Last edited:

Back