Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Where can we access floor plans for the amenity spaces and lobbies?
I had the December 18, 2020 arch. plans saved to my computer. From what I can tell, most amenity space is on the 6th floor, with some on the 5th,

5th Floor Interior Amenity
Level 5 Interior Amenity.png

6th Floor Interior Amenity
Level 6 Interior Amenity.png

6th Floor Exterior Amenity
Level 6 Exterior Amenity.png

Last edited:
I wonder how they install the hangers, they pour the floor level first and then attach hangers after, they obviously need it to be tensioned so that the floor doesn't sag, or lift, and as precise as they are their is 0 chance they get this millimeter accurate when installing the brackets etc.

They must have tensioning bolts or something somewhere in the system?

All these photos were taken today, Friday. Included is this week's "time lapse" photo... and a long shot taken from Dundas (and Yonge) .... come to think, it'll be a big milestone when the tower is visible from Dundas - and Bloor!
And, yeah, one day I'll do a GIF... or make a true time-lapse video now that I'm up to almost 120 weekly images.

Here is the link to the updated "time lapse" album - Oct 2020 - Jan 2023

UTIMG_1526.jpg

UTMG_1300a.jpg

Above, the view from south of Dundas.

UTIMG_1406.jpg

UTIMG_1462.jpg
UTIMG_1511.jpg
UTIMG_1445.jpg

Attachments

• UTIMG_1300.jpg
    UTIMG_1300.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 2,801
Last edited:
All these photos were taken today, Friday. Included is this week's "time lapse" photo... and a long shot taken from Dundas (and Yonge) .... come to think, it'll be a big milestone when the tower is visible from Dundas - and Bloor!
And, yeah, one day I'll do a GIF... or make a true time-lapse video now that I'm up to almost 120 weekly images.

Here is the link to the updated "time lapse" album - Oct 2020 - Jan 2023

View attachment 448918View attachment 448923

Above, the view from south of Dundas.
View attachment 448922
Man, that second pic looking up Yonge from Dundas really drives home how much the feel of this city would change if the street were fully pedestrianized - especially with all the new proposals (like this one https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/646-664-yonge-ks-646-yonge-75s-as-gg.34764/) that are retaining the historic streetfronts.

Good thing the City is more or less planning to do that between Queen and Gerrard Streets over the next few years, and eventually plans to extend it north to Bloor.. It won't be quite full pedestrianization but will basically be an extremely car-light street with minimal vehicle traffic for local access only on a woonerf-type street which also protects for the ability for the TTC to run buses overnight for the vomit-comet.

Good thing the City is more or less planning to do that between Queen and Gerrard Streets over the next few years, and eventually plans to extend it north to Bloor.. It won't be quite full pedestrianization but will basically be an extremely car-light street with minimal vehicle traffic for local access only on a woonerf-type street which also protects for the ability for the TTC to run buses overnight for the vomit-comet.

Is it funded? I hope it doesn't become another "John Street Cultural Corridor".

Thanks - yeah I'm aware of the current plans but seeing St Clair in the distance in that picture (and imagining the stunning buildings going up at that intersection that would be visible in the future when looking up Yonge) got me fantasizing about a smaller-scale version of La Rambla going from St Clair to Queen.
[sorry for the sidetrack - I'll stop now]

Back