Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Possibly this is a dumb question, but could those bits of cladding on the corner be test pieces so workers can perfect installing them before they start working with the ‘real’ ones? Is that a thing? Renders suggest that the cladding is one continuous piece from the corner over to the column, and from the corner up to the next slab. It’s hard to imagine there will be seams or joins in such a prominent spot (or anywhere, really).

E449D363-E48D-4432-BC57-1D639C59165B.jpeg

📷: @Riseth

Last edited:
Possibly this is a dumb question, but could those bits of cladding on the corner be test pieces so workers can perfect installing them before they start working with the ‘real’ ones? Is that a thing? Renders suggest that the cladding is one continuous piece from the corner over to the column, and from the corner up to the next slab. It’s hard to imagine there will be seams or joins in such a prominent spot (or anywhere, really).

View attachment 446656

Looks identical to what was previewed in 2019.

I’m sure it’ll look just fine when it’s all completed.

1671657323448.jpeg

View attachment 446656

Looks identical to what was previewed in 2019.

I’m sure it’ll look just fine when it’s all completed.

View attachment 446658

Here are some shots I took today. Talked to the two guys who were working on the corner cladding and they said this is a mock-up for testing, with the real panels, full-length, to be installed soon.

View attachment 446674View attachment 446680View attachment 446679View attachment 446677View attachment 446678View attachment 446676View attachment 446675

Well I was quickly humbled. Good call @Otis_YVR and thanks for the ground work @jer1961

The test panel seem to have a black strip at the corner whereas the sample from years ago has the champagne cladding in full contact hoping we don't have the black strip...

View attachment 446656

I can say with absolute certainty that those are test panels. The actual panels are much larger. Also, the material used is from an earlier time in the testing phase and isn't as gold-looking as the final product chosen.

The diagonal panels, as well as the columns, span floor to floor like the render. There are multiple panels between the columns to columns and columns to corners. They were introduced because of the extreme difference in summer to winter temperatures in Toronto. A surprising amount of expansion and contraction had to be designed into all the systems.

A little bird told me all this.

I can say with absolute certainty that those are test panels. The actual panels are much larger. Also, the material used is from an earlier time in the testing phase and isn't as gold-looking as the final product chosen.

The diagonal panels, as well as the columns, span floor to floor like the render. There are multiple panels between the columns to columns and columns to corners. They were introduced because of the extreme difference in summer to winter temperatures in Toronto. A surprising amount of expansion and contraction had to be designed into all the systems.

A little bird told me all this.

Please thank your little 🦉for this wise and informative update. Much appreciated.

Good to hear they decided to punch up the colour closer to a gold tone. Everything about this project is setting a new gold-standard... so go for it I say.

Dec 21
Been too long since I last shot the site
1671745639885.jpeg

1671745673369.jpeg

1671745699382.jpeg

1671745730795.jpeg

1671745778415.jpeg

1671745811053.jpeg

1671745839700.jpeg

Back