Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Attachments

• 1669044865738.png
    1669044865738.png
    291.2 KB · Views: 49
Just walked past here in the last hour; fire truck has the sidewalk closed on the Bloor frontage in front of the building; apparently something was at risk of falling, I think (over the din) I have have heard 'fencing'. But not sure.

Edit to add:

Found a story in the news about it; only refers to debris:

Road was reopened at 6:30pm.

Last edited:
Just walked past here in the last hour; fire truck has the sidewalk closed on the Bloor frontage in front of the building; apparently something was at risk of falling, I think (over the din) I have have heard 'fencing'. But not sure.

Edit to add:

I walked by a little bit ago and saw the fire truck. Was worried there was another fire. Glad nobody was injured.

Edit to add:

Yeah...it's one of those blustery nights where anything that isn't fastened down starts doing interpretations of Marry Poppins, including construction flotsam it seems. >.<

Edit/PS: Of coarse, if anyone else can remember a few 100 thousand pages back when a windstorm took down the hording one night for this site. That was long before preps for excavation began if the Pepperidge Farm memory serves me correct. .

Last edited:
It just occurred to me seeing this pic - would the copper-brown tones of the glass end up similar to 2 Bloor West?
I've been wondering awhile if certain aspects of this project are paying homage to 2 Bloor West...including the glass. Mizrahi and Foster Robinson with F+P must really like that building.

Edit/Erratum: Corrected/clarified the architect involved with this project as recommended by ProjectEnd-san below.

Last edited:
I've been wondering awhile if certain aspects of this project are paying homage to 2 Bloor West...including the glass. Mizrahi and Foster must really like that building.
Or a good architect took the surrounding area into account when designing 1BE? I'd be lying if I hadn't thought at least once that there is some brutalist influence in its design, which highly reflects the stretch of Bloor from Sherbourne to Huron..

Back